Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-03-2010, 01:11 PM   #1
Sheikspeare
Groupie
Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PR-505 / Kindle DX
US KDX in Europe

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but can someone tell me if a US Kindle DX will work in Europe (esp. UK). I'm referring to the wireless functionality. Otherwise, I'd be grateful if someone could direct me to a thread (if one exists).

Thanks!
Sheikspeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:12 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheikspeare View Post
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but can someone tell me if a US Kindle DX will work in Europe (esp. UK). I'm referring to the wireless functionality. Otherwise, I'd be grateful if someone could direct me to a thread (if one exists).

Thanks!
The wireless will not work if that is what you are asking. It has a CDMA cell radio in it and all of Europe is GSM.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2010, 01:16 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That was true in the past, but the current Kindle DX will work internationally, so if you buy one new you'll be fine - the wireless will work.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:16 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That was true in the past, but the current Kindle DX will work internationally, so if you buy one new you'll be fine - the wireless will work.
Yes, but he asked specifically if the "US Kindle DX" will work. I assume he is considering a used or refurb purchase.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:28 PM   #5
Sheikspeare
Groupie
Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PR-505 / Kindle DX
I bought the Kindle when it first came out in the US. I'm visiting Europe soon and was curious if it would work there. It would appear not. Thx
Sheikspeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2010, 06:08 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Yes, but he asked specifically if the "US Kindle DX" will work. I assume he is considering a used or refurb purchase.

BOb
Ah - I read it as meaning "if I buy a Kindle from the US, will it work...".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote