Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-31-2010, 09:15 PM   #1
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
New Pricing Deal With Two Publishers

Don't know if this was posted elsewhere but two more publishers have convinced Amazon to go the Apple way and let publishers set pricing.

Amazon Caves Again

As far as I am concerned, just one more reason to buy more e-books from BAEN!

Last edited by CCDMan; 03-31-2010 at 09:19 PM.
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:23 PM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Well, it is either cave or not have the books...

What is going to happen (with me anyhow) is that I will wait for the book to drop in price before buying it... but there will be a book that will catch my attention by that time and I will forget all about that book... they will just loose a sale
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2010, 07:14 AM   #3
tulsa
Zealot
tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2, Sony PRS 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDMan View Post
Don't know if this was posted elsewhere but two more publishers have convinced Amazon to go the Apple way and let publishers set pricing.

Amazon Caves Again

As far as I am concerned, just one more reason to buy more e-books from BAEN!
Yes, I love Baen's books! Just bought their March webscriptions bundle!

I don't see how the publisher's can set ebook prices almost the same price as a regular book. Doesn't seem fair to me.
tulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:56 AM   #4
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
I don't like that at all.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:26 PM   #5
csdaley
csdaley began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I wrote about this on my blog awhile back. I still think this is going to blow up in the publishes face.

http://www.csdaley.com/2010/01/amazon-slap-down.html

http://www.csdaley.com/2010/01/book-...goes-boom.html
csdaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2010, 02:38 PM   #6
tulsa
Zealot
tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2, Sony PRS 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by csdaley View Post
I wrote about this on my blog awhile back. I still think this is going to blow up in the publishes face.

http://www.csdaley.com/2010/01/amazon-slap-down.html

http://www.csdaley.com/2010/01/book-...goes-boom.html
Good write-ups!
Where are your ebooks located at?
tulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:34 AM   #7
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
Thanks for nothing Apple.
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote