Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-30-2010, 10:21 AM   #1
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
When o when will the price for the DX drop

Even with the iPad right around the corner it is impossible to get even an used DX for anything other than close to retail. I dont get it. Even the older US versions are demanding (and getting) almost $400 for it.

Perhaps after the iPad is out and available at stores I will be able to grab a DX that someone is trying to offload.
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:34 AM   #2
tablettweet
Connoisseur
tablettweet began at the beginning.

Device: IPad 1&2,IPod Touch 4G, DXG, Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle Touch
If you don't mind used Kindle, I believe when IPad is released you will see a lot of used Kindle. But If you want to have a new one Hmm ... I don't know either. But I believe that Amazon will drop their Kindle price. Sony already done that with 30 USD on every models, why not Amazon.
tablettweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2010, 11:41 AM   #3
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Used is what I want. Have been looking for quite some time lol
Maybe I should just not get one. I guess I just want the bigger screen as a home reader and have the K2 for travel.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:37 PM   #4
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Keep an eye on Craigs list - there were reports of K2's being dumped. Folks may start selling DX's to buy an iPad.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:41 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I still think it won't drop until the Que is released.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2010, 12:46 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
$400 seems eminently reasonably for a device with a 9.7" screen, given that top-end 6" devices (eg the BeBook Neo) are around $300.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:11 PM   #7
rcuadro
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Keep an eye on Craigs list - there were reports of K2's being dumped.
I scored a K2 for my niece for $150
Old 03-30-2010, 01:12 PM   #8
rcuadro
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
$400 seems eminently reasonably for a device with a 9.7" screen, given that top-end 6" devices (eg the BeBook Neo) are around $300.
Perhaps you are right... maybe it is me just being cheap.

I though about getting the iPad for the money I would spend on the DX but I simply dont want the iPad since I already have the iPad mini
Old 03-30-2010, 02:56 PM   #9
KRY1977
Hunger For Knowledge
KRY1977 began at the beginning.

I sure do hope Amazon will not drop it prices juz becoz iPad is launching. They should only drop when they are gonna release a fourth generation KindlePad ;p
KRY1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:13 PM   #10
lilman
Addict
lilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRY1977 View Post
I sure do hope Amazon will not drop it prices juz becoz iPad is launching. They should only drop when they are gonna release a fourth generation KindlePad ;p
I don't think they will, but I don't see the ipad as ereader competition. I guess it will depend on the success of the ibook store.

The DX is still the most affordable 9.7 in. epaper device, with the next price step being an Irex DR 1000S 10.2 in. for $860 if I'm not mistaken.
lilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:43 PM   #11
rcuadro
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilman View Post
I don't think they will, but I don't see the ipad as ereader competition. I guess it will depend on the success of the ibook store.

The DX is still the most affordable 9.7 in. epaper device, with the next price step being an Irex DR 1000S 10.2 in. for $860 if I'm not mistaken.
But I think that the price alone will drive people to the iPad in my opinion
Old 03-30-2010, 05:43 PM   #12
Teddman
Addict
Teddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Or perhaps they are both overpriced?
Teddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:39 PM   #13
lilman
Addict
lilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
But I think that the price alone will drive people to the iPad in my opinion
Depends on what the user is interested in. If they are looking for a device solely for reading then they should opt for the kindle. If they want any other functionality (internet browsing, videos, etc.) then they should look into the ipad.

For me, I wanted something to read manga on, so the DX was the best choice.
lilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:39 PM   #14
rcuadro
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilman View Post
Depends on what the user is interested in. If they are looking for a device solely for reading then they should opt for the kindle. If they want any other functionality (internet browsing, videos, etc.) then they should look into the ipad.

For me, I wanted something to read manga on, so the DX was the best choice.
True but with the price being like they are why spend the money on a DX when there are 6" readers for half the price
Old 03-30-2010, 08:41 PM   #15
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
True but with the price being like they are why spend the money on a DX when there are 6" readers for half the price
Because one may not want a 6 inch device, one wants a large screen reader.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote