Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-16-2009, 08:51 AM   #1
carrie
Enthusiast
carrie doesn't littercarrie doesn't littercarrie doesn't litter

Device: BeBook
Bebook forces Calibre to crash

I've tried having Calibre running then connecting my Bebook, I've also had my Bebook connected then open Calibre.

Both have the same results, the Bebook device info is read and connected to Calibre but when it starts to read the book info/list from the device is crashes the programme.

Any advice.

(I've only just updated my version of Calibre, first time in a few months)
carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:00 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Disable the PDF metadata reader/writer (Go to Preferences->Plugins)

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 07-16-2009 at 11:04 AM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2009, 12:50 PM   #3
hannah
Zealot
hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Bebook mini
I had exactly the same, and it was because there was a corrupted .mbp file. When I finally deleted it, everything worked fine again.
hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:38 AM   #4
carrie
Enthusiast
carrie doesn't littercarrie doesn't littercarrie doesn't litter

Device: BeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Disable the PDF metadata reader/writer (Go to Preferences->Plugins)
Cheers, worked a charm. Is now reading info from the reader without any problems.
carrie is offline   Reply With Quote