Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-02-2009, 07:11 PM   #16
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
That would be awesome, if it were to happen. It seems that in this economy a company that sells such luxury items would jump at the chance to open a new market.

Anyway, I remain very interested, if you decide to have another go at it!
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:23 AM   #17
meibao
meibao began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
thanks so much for the tutorial...now I just need to find a really cool book cover to attempt making one of my own.
meibao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2009, 10:16 PM   #18
danielgore
danielgore began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Let me say that this cover is so beautiful that it makes reading my Kindle an even greater pleasure than the ebook offers alone. The craftsmanship of ArtSci and the quality of the leather book combine to make a masterful cover. His descriptions are very complete and are so well written, I hope others take the instruction and build their own.

I saw that you can buy the address book in Barnes and Noble for $50-60, which would be an added benefit for those who want to build their own.

Thanks to all, and special thanks to ArtSci for your work.
danielgore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:45 PM   #19
prisha
prisha began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-600, Ipod Touch (3rd gen)
This is the most beautiful cover with explicit instructions. i do not have a kindle, i am a prs-600 owner. i would love how a prs-600 would look in this cover. i am very glad you posted such wonderful tutorial for any one who is talented. sadly i am not so talented myself but your instructions are encouraging me to try something at a lower level. now i have to look for something which fits my prs-600 exactly so that it will look good. thank you very much for being kind enough to share your talent so it would encourage other folks to try something on their own.
prisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:49 PM   #20
angelad
Groupie
angelad is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle dx
Excellent tut. Thanks for taking the time to write it.
angelad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2010, 10:43 AM   #21
Bluefire30
Bluefire30 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Exclamation question

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsci View Post
The final installment has been posted. If there are any questions about these steps, I'd be happy to answer them. And I urge anyone who decides to give this a go to contact me if he or she runs into any problems.
Could I use the Fleur de Lis Italian Fiorentina Leather Journal http://www.strawberryhillhome.com/022-05.html instead of the leonardo journal?
Bluefire30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:20 AM   #22
artsci
artsci
artsci has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artsci has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artsci has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artsci has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle and Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefire30 View Post
Could I use the Fleur de Lis Italian Fiorentina Leather Journal http://www.strawberryhillhome.com/022-05.html instead of the leonardo journal?
If it's the same size (which I think it is) it should work just fine. I remember considering that journal when I was planning to make the Leonardo cover.
artsci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:46 PM   #23
Bluefire30

That is great. THough i am inda nervous about taking apart a $105 book but you r tutorial was great so I think I am up to it. Just cant let hubby know that I am buying a $100 dolar journal lol. thanks
Old 02-19-2010, 05:54 PM   #24
artsci
artsci
artsci has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artsci has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artsci has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artsci has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
That is great. THough i am inda nervous about taking apart a $105 book but you r tutorial was great so I think I am up to it. Just cant let hubby know that I am buying a $100 dolar journal lol. thanks
Just work slowly and carefully. And remember the adage: "Measure twice, cut once."
Old 02-21-2010, 01:20 PM   #25
prisha
prisha began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-600, Ipod Touch (3rd gen)
Quote:
same here my hubby would get a heart attack if i spend 100+ dollars on a cover whether i made it or not but to tell truth i loved artsci's cover so much i dream of it. i loved the marbled paper and the quality of work so much. it is a love at first sight. i realized that he really used highest quality of products after scouring the craft shops and saw how cheap looking they are. may be i will start buying one item at a time and collect all the stuff and buy the journal last and then make it. any way please post your progress if you attempt to make.
prisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:05 AM   #26
artsci
artsci

I'm so pleased people are trying this. As I said in the post, if take your time, think about every step, and work quite carefully, it's not that difficult.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:59 PM   #27
rmm200
Groupie
rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600
I don't own a Kindle - but that does not stop me from being really impressed both with your project and the quality of your instructions.

Good job!

Robert
rmm200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:24 PM   #28
Bluefire30

Quote:
Originally Posted by prisha View Post
same here my hubby would get a heart attack if i spend 100+ dollars on a cover whether i made it or not but to tell truth i loved artsci's cover so much i dream of it. i loved the marbled paper and the quality of work so much. it is a love at first sight. i realized that he really used highest quality of products after scouring the craft shops and saw how cheap looking they are. may be i will start buying one item at a time and collect all the stuff and buy the journal last and then make it. any way please post your progress if you attempt to make.
You took the idea right out of my head. I have been planing to purchase each item so the I CAN do the project. I don't have a web cam. So I just might have to get one of those to so that I can let every one here see my progress when I start work.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:29 PM   #29
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Hi artsci - I know you made a similar cover for the K1, back when. Did you use the same item - the address book? I scoured the net and found journals and address books but was never sure which you used. Gorgeous cover. I want to make one but I'm waiting a bit. By then my K1 may be dead and I'll be making for a K3 :O but ideally I want it for my K1. Thanks.
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:59 AM   #30
artsci
artsci

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghaworth View Post
Hi artsci - I know you made a similar cover for the K1, back when. Did you use the same item - the address book? I scoured the net and found journals and address books but was never sure which you used. Gorgeous cover. I want to make one but I'm waiting a bit. By then my K1 may be dead and I'll be making for a K3 :O but ideally I want it for my K1. Thanks.
I used the same cover -- the Leonardo address book from Jenny Bick Bookbinding.