Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-16-2009, 02:24 PM   #1
jamesjoyce5
jamesjoyce5 began at the beginning.

Device: prs505
New guy with problems "formatting" lrf

Okay, I love the idea of calibre. The feature set is quite impressive, however I'm having some issues and I'm not sure how to resolve them. My current problem is that although I can download periodical feeds in the lrf format (New Yorker, NYTimes, etc.) when I try to read it on my prs505, they rarely open. Often the reader resets itself after a "formatting" warning comes on the screen. If they do open on the reader, I sometimes need to boost the font size up from small. When I try to increase the font size, the reader displays "formatting" again and crashes/restarts.

Long story short, I need help. I'd love to donate to the developer, but I'd like to see the software working first. Thanks in advance, this forum is a great resource.
jamesjoyce5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:25 PM   #2
jamesjoyce5

Interestingly, I am running the newest version of the software, and it no longer opens on my mac running 10.5.6.
Advert
Old 02-16-2009, 02:32 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Switch your output format to EPUB. This isuue is addressed in the FAQ
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:32 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The solution to the problem is to run Ebook Library and you that to transfer your LRF files. What eBook Library does is preformat the LRF so the reader already knows about the pagination. But because you are on a MAC, you cannot run eBook Library unless you are somehow running Windows either dual-boot or VM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:37 PM   #5
jamesjoyce5

Thanks for responding so quickly. That was impressive! I have reset my computer and now I can't even open calibre. Should I download an older version?
Advert
Old 02-16-2009, 03:14 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Post the output from running

calibre-debug -g

ina terminal
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote