Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 12-01-2008, 02:22 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Anyone good at making widgets?

I've been playing with Yahoo Widgets trying to make one that can be used to Kindlefix a book (or a few other commands,if you know what I mean).

I found one that opens a command prompt but I'd like it to be customize-able
to store a Kindle PID and the kindlefix command. The user would only have to add the book titles (kind of like the mobi2mobi gui).

I don't understand enough about programming to make the changes I want. So far I've only been able to change the image on the widget.

Anyone willing to help me tackle this project or is not worth pursuing?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:27 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Anyone willing to help me tackle this project or is not worth pursuing?
Just using file associations and the shell you could make it so just double clicking on a .prc file would run kindlefix on it, if you want. It wouldn't be to hard.

What is it you want to do?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2008, 02:42 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Just using file associations and the shell you could make it so just double clicking on a .prc file would run kindlefix on it, if you want. It wouldn't be to hard.

What is it you want to do?

BOb
I'm lazy (as I've said many times) and I guess a really want a GUI but right clicking on a book and having the process run would be great too.

I want to be able to register my PID inside the widget (like you register your zipcode for a weather widget).

I want to be able to type the name of the book to be kindlefixed and the new file name in text boxes.

I want to be able to click on the widget and have it open the command prompt to the correct directory and fill in the entire command text string and make the conversion.

I can upload the .kon file for the orginal widget as well as the one I made changes to.

Maybe I should just bribe you or Jad to create a GUI from scratch. I'm not above bribery.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:49 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post

Maybe I should just bribe you or Jad to create a GUI from scratch. I'm not above bribery.
I've never built a Vista Widget... but what you ask for is a pretty easy thing for me to write (Windows). What did you have in mind?

I could probably do a little write up on how to do it from the shell. But, it wouldn't do any prompting.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:00 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I've never built a Vista Widget... but what you ask for is a pretty easy thing for me to write (Windows). What did you have in mind?

I could probably do a little write up on how to do it from the shell. But, it wouldn't do any prompting.

BOb
It should be able to work in both Vista and XP (the ones I have from Yahoo do).

Can you imitate the mobi2mobi GUI, because that really works well. If not, I've attached the widgets I've been playing with. DOSBox is the original and KindleFIX is the modified version. Of course, you will need the Yahoo Widget Engine installed to use them.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DOSBox.zip (12.0 KB, 273 views)
File Type: zip KindleFIX.zip (17.2 KB, 252 views)
Advert