Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-31-2013, 12:06 AM   #1
James R
Just this guy, you know?
James R can extract oil from cheeseJames R can extract oil from cheeseJames R can extract oil from cheeseJames R can extract oil from cheeseJames R can extract oil from cheeseJames R can extract oil from cheeseJames R can extract oil from cheeseJames R can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Touch
Table of contents problem - firmware 2.3.1

Since my Touch upgraded to version 2.3.1 of the firmware, I've been having a problem with the table of contents.

I can view the table of contents, and selecting a particular chapter works fine. When I do that, a tick appears next to the chapter I selected. But I'm finding that the tick doesn't update as I continue reading. I might read three chapters further in the book, but when I select the table of contents again there's still a tick next to the last place I manually clicked on. If that happens to be on a different page in the table of contents to the chapter or section that I'm reading, then the reader displays that page rather than the one when the chapter I'm reading is listed.

This is a fairly minor annoyance, but this used to work before v. 2.3.1 came along.

Is anybody else having the same problem?

I'm wary of trying to upgrade to 2.3.2 because I'm in Australia and I suspect I have one of the "older" Touches that had problems upgrading from 2.0.0 to 2.1.whateveritwas (i.e. I had to go through 2.0.4 first).

Does anybody know whether 2.3.2 been released officially anywhere other than in Japan? There's no sign of it in Australia, as far as I can tell.
James R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:04 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That is a known and well discussed problem with FW2.3.1. It is still there in 2.3.2.

There hasn't been an official release of 2.3.2 outside of Japan. But, you will probably be safe with 2.3.2 on your Touch. I have run it for a few weeks with no problems. My Touch was definitely one of the problem ones. Kobo have done something, I suspect via FW2.0.4, that changed these devices so that the later firmware install OK even if you need to do a factory reset.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
firmware 2.3.1, table of contents