Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-07-2011, 12:24 AM   #1
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Conversion to ePub: Unrequired "removed jacket"

Hi,

I've upgraded calibre today from 0.7.48 to 0.8.25 and I've found an unexpected problem: If I try to convert an opf/html bunch with ebook-convert to ePub (as I did with the previous release), the conversion is removed the metadata jacket that it's included into the book. I'm not aware of having changed any option for this to happen (nor I've installed any additional plugin).

Do you know which the problem could be?

Thank you very much
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:30 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Set the add metadata jacket option in the conversion settings.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2011, 12:41 AM   #3
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you and sorry, I think I haven't explained myself well.

I use "ebook-convert" to make all the conversions. I generated the jacket the first time with insert-metadata for obtaining the html. When I proof-editing the html and I try to obtain an ePub again, I don't use the command again, I already have the jacket, but running ebook-convert again, from OPF to EPUB, shows the comment "removed existing jacket". I don't find the option for saying "don't touch the jacket".

Thank you again.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:03 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is no such option. Simply use the jacket option gaain, the old jacket will be replaced, as long as your metadata is the same, the replacement will be identical to the original
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:25 AM   #5
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

So, it has changed from previous versions, I see. Thank you for your answer.
Advert
Old 11-07-2011, 01:29 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
So, it has changed from previous versions, I see. Thank you for your answer.
For those that may be missing the Book Jacket you can use the Modify ePub plugin to quickly insert a Book Jacket into the ePub. Also if later you decide to change the metadata to get a new description or change the associated tags you can use the Modify ePub plugin to update the Book Jacket with the new metadata.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:18 AM   #7
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
For those that may be missing the Book Jacket you can use the Modify ePub plugin to quickly insert a Book Jacket into the ePub. Also if later you decide to change the metadata to get a new description or change the associated tags you can use the Modify ePub plugin to update the Book Jacket with the new metadata.
I know, I've read it. My problem is: calibre generates a jacket with the metadata but:
  1. It doesn't include the jacket in the toc.ncx (I want it to be there, so I include it).
  2. The comments have some special characters that I process after generating the jacket, and some "corrections" to the style that can't be obtained directly from calibre

So, as you can see, the existing jacket isn't exactly the same one that calibre generated.

Well, it's the same, I'll fix this in some way, thank you.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:21 AM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
So, as you can see, the existing jacket isn't exactly the same one that calibre generated.

Well, it's the same, I'll fix this in some way, thank you.
I suspect altering its name might let it fly under the radar.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:25 AM   #9
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I suspect altering its name might let it fly under the radar.
I'll try, but changing from jacket.xhtml to jacket.html didn't make the trick. I'll keep on trying after work.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:46 PM   #10
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Ditto, the trick isn't the name but the metadata.