Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-04-2010, 11:35 PM   #1
symonray
symonray began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701, Pocketbook 360, JetBook, JetBook Lite and Kindle 3
Installation of Android Widgets on IQ 701

Can any of the Android third party widgets be installed on the IQ 701? If so, could someone provide a step-by-step summary of the procedure? I presume that a "widget" is different than an application. I have already successfully installed various third party applications on my device , but I have not been successful in installing any "widgets". Thanks in advance for any information.
symonray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:47 PM   #2
tHeFiRsTiDioT
Random Reader of Rubbish
tHeFiRsTiDioT began at the beginning.

Device: Dell Axim X50v, Sony PRS 505, HTC Incredible, Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by symonray View Post
Can any of the Android third party widgets be installed on the IQ 701? If so, could someone provide a step-by-step summary of the procedure? I presume that a "widget" is different than an application. I have already successfully installed various third party applications on my device , but I have not been successful in installing any "widgets". Thanks in advance for any information.
I have installed a few including google search, battery monitor, Clocks, NY Times, Engadget and a brightness monitor widget.

However, to get to a place where you can install widgets, you probably need to move away from the default PBWidget homescreen. I have installed Launcher Pro and then this behaves just like another tablet, with ability to install widgets.

One caveat though - my battery life seems to have taken a hit. Am not sure whether its because of Launcher Pro, or whether its because of one of the many apps and widgets installed.
tHeFiRsTiDioT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2010, 05:14 AM   #3
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by tHeFiRsTiDioT View Post
I have installed a few including google search, battery monitor, Clocks, NY Times, Engadget and a brightness monitor widget.

However, to get to a place where you can install widgets, you probably need to move away from the default PBWidget homescreen. I have installed Launcher Pro and then this behaves just like another tablet, with ability to install widgets.

One caveat though - my battery life seems to have taken a hit. Am not sure whether its because of Launcher Pro, or whether its because of one of the many apps and widgets installed.
Could be that some of your widgets needs to be permanently online to be updated. Not good at all for battery life. By the next update, we will feature more internal memory (we will delete all superfluous phone parts) so that more widgets/apps may be installed.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:57 AM   #4
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
If it's like my Galaxy S, what you have to do is press with your finger or stylus on an empty part of the homescreen and keep it for a bit. That should toggle a screen which allows you to add things like shortcuts, widgets and LauncherPro widgets (though the latter are only available if you buy the license).
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:59 AM   #5
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
If it's like my Galaxy S, what you have to do is press with your finger or stylus on an empty part of the homescreen and keep it for a bit. That should toggle a screen which allows you to add things like shortcuts, widgets and LauncherPro widgets (though the latter are only available if you buy the license).
left button opens options list as well.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert