Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-06-2010, 08:34 AM   #1
twister
Enthusiast
twister began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 and 2
Kindle 2 dead

So I was reading this morning and my Kindle 2 froze. I tried pushing some buttons and nothing happened. I held the power switch until it turned off and then tried turning it back on. No go...nothing. Battery was about 2/3 full. I plugged in and it still did not turn on...

I have not dropped it and I take very good care of it.

Any ideas? Is there a way to do a reset?
twister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:52 AM   #2
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Try sliding and holding the reset button for 15 seconds or until your Kindle turns on. If it doesn't contact Amazon CS, they're usually extremely helpful.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:59 AM   #3
twister
Enthusiast

Thanks for reply. I have tried sliding power switch for 15 seconds and 30 seconds and nothing happens.

I have noticed light is green when I plugged it in. Usually it is green only when it is fully charged. I have not charged it for several days so I know it was not fully charged...
Old 04-06-2010, 09:05 AM   #4
Scott Nielsen
Groupie
Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: iPad, K3, K4, T1
I had this problem on my first DX. Neither me nor Amazon CS could find a way to bring it back to life again. They shipped me a replacement instead.
Scott Nielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:32 AM   #5
twister
Enthusiast

I called support and when I went to phone to discuss at home page. I don't know what happened but it is working now...

The last thing I tried was unplugging and holding power switch over for 15 seconds.

Thanks for help!
Old 04-06-2010, 09:49 AM   #6
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
The reset - esp. if you turn it fully off - takes time. It looks like nothing is happening, or that it's still dead, so you tend to push the switch again. Patience is needed for resets - even though you are panicking.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:12 AM   #7
angelad
Groupie
angelad is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle dx
Hard reset is your friend
angelad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 03:50 PM   #8
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
Happy to hear it's working again. They are a little temperamental.
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:35 PM   #9
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Hey, glad that your K2 is working again!
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:58 AM   #10
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
A similar thing happened to me with my DX. I think Amazon staff are pretty aware of how temperamental these things can be so always suggest hard resets before sending in for repairs!
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:57 AM   #11
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Same thing kept happening to my K2 in the first month. When the hard reset wouldn't help I put it into the fridge for 10 minutes. Not knowing what caused the problem or why it went away was just as annoying as the problem itself.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote