Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-30-2010, 06:39 PM   #1
changks
changks began at the beginning.

Device: none
can I buy a kindle DX (Global, latest version) in the US and then use it in Canada?

Hi all,

I 'm just wondering that I can use a kindle DX (Global, latest version) that I order in the US amazon website and then use it in Canada? Further, can I use it (which I buy in US) in the other countries?

Thanks,
Michael
changks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:47 AM   #2
alexaxis
alexaxis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
sure,however, u must have an American credit card to pay what you ordered from amazon,otherwise you may not read books from amazon.
alexaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:24 PM   #3
tablettweet
Connoisseur
tablettweet began at the beginning.

Device: IPad 1&2,IPod Touch 4G, DXG, Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle Touch
Definitely sure but be careful If you use Kindle DX to read magazine outside U.S. the picture in that article will not display. Here is a video review about that issue. So if you are planing to use Kindle DX as an e-magazine reader I don't think it will work. (Kindle 2 global wireless is better choice ?)
tablettweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:20 PM   #4
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexaxis View Post
sure,however, u must have an American credit card to pay what you ordered from amazon,otherwise you may not read books from amazon.
That's not correct. You need an US address, but any credit card will do. I've bought about 600 eBooks from Amazon with my German credit card.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:03 AM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablettweet View Post
Definitely sure but be careful If you use Kindle DX to read magazine outside U.S. the picture in that article will not display.
Same as in the US.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:01 AM   #6
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Yea, it would make sense though if Amazon had less restrictions at least for Canadians.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 05:19 PM   #7
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
That's not correct. You need an US address, but any credit card will do. I've bought about 600 eBooks from Amazon with my German credit card.
Yep, that's it. You can pretty much use any U.S. address. It doesn't really matter because nothing is going to be shipped there. Just make sure that the zip code is valid. I wish I knew this sooner.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3g global wireless, kindle dx, live in canada