Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Boy Genius Pics of the New Kindle Fire HD

I'm not too fond of the styling myself. Looks more chunky than the original Kindle Fire

http://bgr.com/2013/09/11/amazon-kin...res-exclusive/

Last edited by daffy4u; 09-11-2013 at 02:39 PM. Reason: "to" vs "too"
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #2
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
I just saw these too. The pics make it look quite a bit chunkier but I assume that is just the hard angles on the back.

I wonder how they will work the buttons on the back into the cases they always sell along with them...I guess just plastic "buttons" on the back of the case? Might look silly.
I'm not sure the benefit of moving the speakers to the top of the back, but whatever.

I'm still happy with my old Fire HD but the power volume buttons are a pain I admit.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:20 PM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I don't like the new styling and the symbols on the buttons look quite tacky. I'm quite happy with the looks and performance of the current HD 7.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #4
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
It's a prototype.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:08 AM   #5
Fourl29
Connoisseur
Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I know my hopes will most probably be frustrated, but I 'd love it if they came up with a pw dx too alongside the fires. I really can't see why they are shooting themselves in the foot and only going for one size format. And it goes without saying that the current dx, a 3 (?) year old unlit device, that's not even capable of their latest software, is the definition of a non option imho.

Even if they don't want to go the dx way, for business reasons, surely they can manage a larger kindle a la the aura hd. There are quite a lot of people that consider 6" too small.

I think it's really stupid of them not to offer even a slightly larger option, they are leaving the door wide open for the competition...

Oh, and about the tablets, you know what guys? What with the market being so flooded at the moment by all sorts of options I really couldn't care less. In addition there's not much you can add to a tablet at the moment, that would make it considerably more desirable than the current gen.
Fourl29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:45 AM   #6
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I fully agree with Fourl29. What happened to the Kindle DX? Why is there no Paperwhite DX? Tablets are evolving from innovative products to commodities, and there is hardly anything the Kindle Fire could do that I couldn't do with another modern tablet.
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:39 PM   #7
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I'm quite happy with the looks and performance of the current HD 7.
I've only played with the previous N7, but I liked its stealthy black ops look. The new one's black, too, but does it retain original aesthetic? You can never tell from the photos alone.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote