Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-04-2012, 03:48 AM   #31
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
But I can resist! £2.99 ($4.99) is still way above my average price for buying ebooks.
Good heavens - it's about half my average price .

Last edited by pdurrant; 12-04-2012 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Fixed my typo
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:14 AM   #32
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
£2.99 is reasonable but not impulse-buy territory, thankfully. I've managed to restrain myself since my second purchase, but I have an ever-growing list of possibilities.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:18 AM   #33
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tyson View Post
Time to find your long lost English relatives and add their addresses at Amazon.
I tried that but no go. Amazon must read my IP address.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:00 PM   #34
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Might I suggest a short holiday? Send your computer via tunnelbear or some other vpn.
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:51 PM   #35
tnhh
Enthusiast
tnhh began at the beginning.

Device: Sony T615C, Kindle 3G, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Libra H20
Thanks for pointing out this sale! I suspect I might end up spending quite a bit. I believe that this link should list most of the £2.99 titles: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?rh=n:3416...y,p_36:299-299
tnhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:33 PM   #36
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperclassique View Post
Might I suggest a short holiday? Send your computer via tunnelbear or some other vpn.
Thanks for tunnelbear suggestion. It allows me to search prices but can one have 2 Kindle for PCs on the same computer?

Last edited by Fbone; 12-04-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:02 PM   #37
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I use my phone for Amazon UK and I also use Tunnelbear.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #38
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Thanks for tunnelbear suggestion. It allows me to search prices but can one have 2 Kindle for PCs on the same computer?
You can swap the same Kindle for PC install back and forth between UK and US accounts.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:47 PM   #39
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
now $8.31 in the US
Yeah, that would be the standard price, converted. 4.99 in pommie, in monopoly money.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:07 PM   #40
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
You can swap the same Kindle for PC install back and forth between UK and US accounts.
Do you do that by de-regestering one for the other?
Old 12-05-2012, 04:46 AM   #41
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Do you do that by de-regestering one for the other?
Yes, from the menu option.
I rename the Kindle documents folder first, out of paranoia that it would delete all the downloaded books, I don't know if it actually would. So I have separate .UK and .US Kindle documents folders and rename the right one in as needed.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:50 AM   #42
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
Yes, from the menu option.
I rename the Kindle documents folder first, out of paranoia that it would delete all the downloaded books, I don't know if it actually would. So I have separate .UK and .US Kindle documents folders and rename the right one in as needed.
My experience is that deregistering and reregistering K4PC changes the encryption key (ie it's treated as a new "device" in your list of Kindle devices), so that none of the books you downloaded previously can be read without re-downloading them.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #43
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes, no problem if they are for different users. Assuming you use windoze, I don't know about ios or linux. Just set up another user (I call mine America ) and log in as admin, download kindle for pc and install to your new user account. Register the new kindle install and your new amazon account to the country you want to "visit" using a previously unused email address and a genuine mailing address. Make one up, but use a real town, street, and postcode that matches it.
Harry is right about the encryption key, much better to have two separate installs. Then disinfect as required, save to a new location which can be in "my documents" for either user as long as both are admin accounts. Calibre can be used for management by either user, but you will have to set up plugins for both users.

You will need to sort out a payment method as well. USunlocked is a bit pricey for small purchases, I usually only get freebies on my "American" side, but I expect a gift card would work, let me know if you try it please.

Last edited by piperclassique; 12-05-2012 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 12-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #44
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?

Good gravy!

They don't make it easy. All this for a £1.89 book. Not sure it's worth it.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #45
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot

Quote:
Good gravy!

They don't make it easy. All this for a £1.89 book. Not sure it's worth it.
For one book, no. For lots and lots of books, I think it is