Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-18-2010, 09:28 PM   #1
graddy
graddy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook WiFi
Check for new B&N content not working

Hey guys, new to the forums, been lurking though since I bought my Nook Wifi. I have a bunch of new (free) books that I got through B&N and want to put them onto my device. I make sure I'm on a Wifi network and then hit check for new content. After a moment it pops up that there isn't any network connectivity.

I have it still connected to the home network since I see the icon up top and I can access the store. Any thoughts as to what is going on?

Thanks in advance. This seems like a pretty good community.

PS I love my nook. I already read one book from my local library and have now started on Gutenberg War of the Worlds and am really enjoying it all the way. Wife is killing my battery life playing Sudoku though
graddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:40 PM   #2
Poppa1956
Evangelist
Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Verizon Ellipsis Tablit w/Kindle and Nook apps.
I haven't had this happen, so I don't know the cure, fer sure.
But give these things a try
  1. Have a peek in the settings to verify that your nook is finding [bold]your[/bold] wifi & not someone elses
  2. In settings, also verify that you email address is correct, and that it's the same on used in your account on the B&N site.
  3. If all else fails, turns your Nook off for a few seconds, and power it on again. RE-Boot sorts out a lot of things.
Poppa1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert