Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-18-2010, 11:53 PM   #1
artemisblossom
Groupie
artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony prs505
Can someone recommend a series

Hi I am just finishing up the last book in the house of night series and am wondering what to read next. I have just finished the following series and would like another series along somewhat similar lines. Can you recommend any ?

southern vampire series by Charlaine Harris
morganville vampire series by Rachel Cain
Twilight Series
House of night Series by p.C.cast
Night Huntress Series by Jeaniene Frost
Mercy Thompson Series by Patricia Briggs
all books by keri Arthur
All books by Laurell Hamilton
All books by Sherillyn Kenyon
All Books by Kelly Armstrong
artemisblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:57 PM   #2
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
You haven't read the old classic Interview With A Vampire series, by Anne Rice?
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2010, 12:01 AM   #3
artemisblossom
Groupie
artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

oh yeah lol forgot Ann Rice I have read her vampire books as well. I used to read one book every week or so but since I got my sony 505 last May I have been going through about 4-5 books a week and seem to burn through series very quickly
Old 01-19-2010, 12:36 AM   #4
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Well, that's me out of ideas I'm sure you'll get some others chiming in with suggestions, though!
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:17 AM   #5
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
You might like the Detective Inspector Chen Novels by Liz Williams.

Not many vampires, but strange in other ways...

Crime, magic, demons and gods, heaven and hell in an alternate near future world. I have just read the first, and will read the rest. Saw a recomendation elsewhere here on this forum.

Last edited by Adoby; 01-19-2010 at 01:23 AM.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2010, 03:20 AM   #6
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Have you checked out the Alpha and Omega series by Patricia Briggs?
Start with Alpha and Omega, it is a novella in the anthology On the Prowl, but it is available as an e-book.

Also, I fully recommend all her older stories too, especially the Sianim novels.

Last edited by mikaelalind; 01-19-2010 at 08:27 AM.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:34 AM   #7
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
It's a standalone book, but did you read Fevre Dream, by George R. R. Martin?
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:08 AM   #8
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Liz Williams is a good suggestion

Also Ilona Andrews' Kate Daniels series is very good.

Justina Robson's Quantum Gravity series, too.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:32 AM   #9
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
CHeck out Christine Feehan - she has 2 series: Ghostwalkers (genetic enhanced & paranormal) and the Carpathian Series (Vampires - good and bad ones). I like her because her books are a bit different.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:36 AM   #10
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Have you tried:
  • "World of Lupi" by Marjorie M. Liu
  • "Circle" by Linda Robertson
  • "Jane Yellowrock" by Faith Hunter
  • "The Bloodhound series" by D.D. Barant
  • "OSI" by Jes Battis
  • "Oldest City Vampire" by Nancy Haddock
  • "Laura Blackstone" by Mark del Franco?
  • "Greywalker" by Kat Richardson
  • "Walker papers" by C.E. Murphy
In some of these series there's only a book yet.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:44 AM   #11
Surfergirl
Enthusiast
Surfergirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Surfergirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Surfergirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505 (Blue)/PRS-505 (Red)/iPhone 3GS
You could try the Black Dagger Brotherhood books by J R Ward. Once you get past the cheesy character names and street slang, the stories are excellent. You could also give Karen Marie Moning's 'Fever' series a go, but be prepared - every book ends in a cliffhanger, and the last one of the series hasn't been released yet.
Surfergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:19 AM   #12
weateallthepies
Lord of the Pies
weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Sage, Onyx Boox Leaf 2, iPad Pro
If you like urban fantasy stuff I'd recommend either the Felix Castor series by Mike Carey, or the Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher.
weateallthepies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:25 AM   #13
rtype
Enthusiast
rtype doesn't litterrtype doesn't litterrtype doesn't litter

Device: none
I would second the Dresden files also enjoyed the Hollows/Rachel Morgan series by Kim Harrison.
rtype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:16 AM   #14
artemisblossom
Groupie

thank you everyone for your excellent suggestions I will definatly look into those
Old 01-19-2010, 10:38 AM   #15
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
I have heard good things about Mary Janice Davidson's Undead series although I haven't read them myself.

I have read some of Katie McCallister's paranormal/romance (Light my Fire, Up in Smoke...) and, while a little too romance for my tastes at the moment I actually enjoyed them enough to read a couple more when I got them on the cheap.

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote