Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-31-2009, 11:34 AM   #1
joenan18
joenan18 began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
new fr ny with a EPUB vs pdf question

i have a sony reader & download books from the NYC public library ...i have NO idea the difference between epub & pdf books ...and basically just know the steps to download and read. recently after downloading two different library books, one worked & one didnt & i was told by SONY support I cannot download both a pdf & an epub book into my reader at the same time because it wont work.
i would love to know the difference between these two formats....and which is better....it seems the library is now offering more epub books.
joenan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:34 PM   #2
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi joenan18, welcome to MR!

I'm can't answer your questions--but somebody will be along soon who can. Or, if you don't get an answer soon, try re-posting your questions in one of the Sony forums.
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2009, 01:37 PM   #3
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Hello joenan18 and welcome to MobileRead. Just browse a little bit in the forum, there are many discussions about ePub vs. pdf and other formats as well and i'm sure you will find your answer. A good place to start is the ebook formats page in our Wiki.

If you are in doubt, i would go with ePub - but this is just my personal opinion.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote