Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-28-2009, 01:45 PM   #1
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Live Interview with Jim Butcher April 29th

Bittenbybooks is hosting a live interview with NY Times Bestelling Author Jim Butcher (The Dresden Files) Wednesday April 29th.

Quote:
The event starts at 10:00 CDT and runs throughout the day. Just stop by the main Bitten by Books site here: http://bittenbybooks.com.
More details: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=6389
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:21 PM   #2
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
WOOHOO, thanks Moe! I'll set an alarm for that one. Did his latest go bestseller already?
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2009, 02:22 PM   #3
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
WOOHOO, thanks Moe! I'll set an alarm for that one. Did his latest go bestseller already?
I think so. He deserves it too, very approachable man, and helpful to the new writer. Doesn't hurt that his books are a lot of fun

Confirmed: Jim Butcher no1 on NY Times Bestseller list http://whatho.satpathy.org/2009/04/2...t-seller-list/

Last edited by Moejoe; 04-28-2009 at 02:25 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:49 PM   #4
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
I'm a huge fan, bought the new one the morning it came out. (in ebook, of course!). I have the complete collection besides the last two in hardback. (omnibus editions via Mystery Guild, but they're hardback!).
I really enjoy Jim's website, and am looking forward to watching this interview.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:55 PM   #5
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
not only do i enjoy his writing, but i like what he's had to say in the interview about ebook readers:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimButcher
Thus far, the impact has been minimal. There are a lot of folks using e-readers, sure, but they’re still a tiny minority compared to real-book readers. As far as protection of the electronic rights goes, my books have been readily available for illegal download on various file-sharing programs since 2000. They’re easy to steal, and have been for years. I don’t see that I’ve been horribly wounded by that fact–I’ve chosen to regard it as a PR investment. Sure, there are a lot of folks who might grab the pirated copy online, but I imagine that most of them are folks who would have trouble affording a book in any case. And if a few of them enjoy my work enough to then go out and grab physical copies to become regular readers, I count it as a win.

I’m not bothered by E-readers at all. I think that, by and large, anyone who can afford an E-reader probably isn’t going to have an issue with paying an author for his work.
a realistic guy who makes me glad i re-bought all his books for my cybook. this is from the interview still going on here http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=6529
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2009, 04:57 PM   #6
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by basschick View Post
not only do i enjoy his writing, but i like what he's had to say in the interview about ebook readers:

a realistic guy who makes me glad i re-bought all his books for my cybook. this is from the interview still going on here http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=6529
After that quote, I like the guy even more