Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-27-2009, 06:07 AM   #1
-Thomas-
Addict
-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iRex iLiad v2
Updating the Wiki...

Hey guys,

I think we have to do a major update on a lot of iLiad-related Wiki pages. Many of the pages are from summer 2006 and contain deprecated information, for example this one: ILiad FAQ - Miscellaneous:
Quote:
BTW, is there a way to check the battery status?
Right now there is no way to see battery life, but Alex told me some time ago that they have added an indicator to the new update (not the one of this week tough).
So who has some time to help me there?

I would suggest that we first tag deprecated pages or paragraphs, remove old and wrong info and add new content in a second step, and reorganize pages in a third one. Tagging deprecated pages can be done by adding a {{Template:Update}} to the top of the page. Before doing major changes we should "lock" the page by adding a {{Template:Inuse}}

Edit: Oh, and should we move all iLiad related pages to the ILiad/ namespace? Would be best IMO...

Edit 2: My favorite so far:
Quote:
Did iRex tell you anything new concerning how much information will be available for developers?
I asked about the development of programs. And it seems to be a delicate issue because of security. iRex wants to give access to programmers, but also be able to convince publishers of it's security. I got the idea iRex would release software tools to create/test the viewer. If a user creates a "stable" viewer he can send it to iRex, and it is OK, iRex will deliver it to all devices through IDS.

Last edited by -Thomas-; 02-27-2009 at 06:14 AM.
-Thomas- is offline   Reply With Quote