Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 08:37 AM   #1
goldfinder
goldfinder began at the beginning.

Device: calibre
Mobi ebook

Do I upload the mobi doc to my website and add a link or is there another way customers get the book after paying?

AND DON'T DELETE THIS POST
Old 09-16-2014, 08:51 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You'll need to give us a lot more information if you want someone to help you. Describe the scenario you're talking about in more detail.
Advert
Old 09-16-2014, 09:36 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinder View Post
Do I upload the mobi doc to my website and add a link or is there another way customers get the book after paying?

AND DON'T DELETE THIS POST

Your post will, indeed, be deleted it if is deemed inappropriate in any way.

As suggested to you in two earlier PMs, you have a responsibility to read our Posting Guidelines and to follow those guidelines.

Telling a Moderator not to delete a post is an inappropriate response.

Too, when we get more information from you on what you want, your post may be moved to another forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Old 09-16-2014, 03:05 PM   #4
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
I have seen sites where they email the book to you after you pay. Of course, a link where you can download it is preferable. Preferably, where you can download it again afterward, if you need to, via your account.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:07 AM   #5
goldfinder

Thank you Susan. I can add the book to my website in the format it is in .html but it would then be a webpage, how would buyers download it in .mobi format? I mean it would be 'book.html' not 'book.mobi'.
Advert
Old 09-19-2014, 09:10 AM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Thank you Susan. I can add the book to my website in the format it is in .html but it would then be a webpage, how would buyers download it in .mobi format? I mean it would be 'book.html' not 'book.mobi'.
I would suppose you'd convert book.html to book.mobi before putting it on your webserver.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:11 AM   #7
goldfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You'll need to give us a lot more information if you want someone to help you. Describe the scenario you're talking about in more detail.

Thank you Harry, I am trying to convert books to .mobi for kindle iphone and whatever takes .mobi
The converted book comes out a .html so how do I convert it to .mobi please?
Old 09-19-2014, 09:15 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Thank you Harry, I am trying to convert books to .mobi for kindle iphone and whatever takes .mobi
The converted book comes out a .html so how do I convert it to .mobi please?
Use a tool like "Calibre". See the "Calibre" forum section here at MR, or ask in the "Workshop" forum, also here at MR.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:34 AM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Thread closed.

Please go to the 'calibre' forum or to the 'Workshop' forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Closed Thread