Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-22-2015, 11:00 PM   #1
olup
olup began at the beginning.

Device: kobo GLO HD
Angry Glo HD wont start first time

Hi to all,

My new kobo glo HD arrived yesterday and i couldn't figure out how to start it. I'll explain : the device is showing the picture where you have to plug it to a computer. But i can plug it as much as i want, with different cables and to different computer, nothing comes up, same picture. I charged it overnight, but same picture. I can't even say it has been charging.

So, what do you say ? Pre bricked device ? Faulty software/hardware or is there a magic way to make it go (by the way i'm pretty far away from the shop now as i had to buy it in france but lives in Sri Lanka, and made it come by air !!)

ps : i tried long press on start button and reset button.

Last edited by olup; 10-22-2015 at 11:01 PM. Reason: -title not explicit enough-
olup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 12:43 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The initial start is by either pressing the power button for a seconds or so, or connecting to the PC. If neither do anything, it is a concern.

If you press the power button, a red light should show. It isn't obvious and you need to be looking from the end of the device, but it doesn't show, there is a problem. If the light is showing up and nothing else, I would suggest doing a factory reset:

- Charge if for at least an hour.
- Hold the power button in the off position for at least 20 seconds. This is to ensure the device is off.
- Hold the power switch down and top both bottom corners of the screen.
- Stop tapping when the screen does something and release the power button.

You might need to try a couple of times as I never get the timing right.

If it doesn't respond after all this, it's probably broken and you should exchange it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2015, 01:06 AM   #3
olup
olup began at the beginning.

Device: kobo GLO HD
Thanks a lot for answering my problems. As you foresaw, no red light whatsoever (should it be in the button casing ? anyway, couldn't spot anything) so i guess device is broken. Nice start !

I'd like to get kobo to pay for sending the device back and get specific package for me in SL. But i can't find their number. Well, if you happend to know i'll be glad. But thanks for your guidances already !
olup is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brick, bug, kobo glo hd, start