Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-01-2011, 02:30 PM   #1
Souldor_MT
Souldor_MT began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy & iPad
Help! Image Consistency across platforms

Hello!

I have a question I've been asking myself for months, and finally made an account on the Adobe Forums, but they referred me here, as I might have more luck, so here goes!

----

I work in a company that's planning on transferring over 70 print modules (between 80-150 pages each) to be available on iPad and Android tablets / phones.

InDesign CS5 helps a lot, especially with being able to choose Header 1s as Page Breaks.

But, I seem to be having some issues with a couple of things that's preventing us from publishing these documents to the Apple Store and Androind Market.

1) Superscript / Subscript not appearing correctly on final product (Though this has been achieved by using Sigil to hack the CSS)
2) Bullet alignment (The bullets are all aligned perfectly, just not along with the first line, creating a secondary weird indent bug that looks terrible)

The main issue is pictures. I am using PNG images. A few months ago, the problem was solved - If I chose NOT to automatically format my images, they appeared perfect on the iPad/iPhone/Galaxy Phone and Galaxy Tab.

However, we took some time off this project, and now that I'm back on it, Aldiko has a new version, and it seems to break the images. Now my images in Aldiko are displaying huge, and previously, you'd be able to hold a finger on an image and it would open up full screen to get a closer look, but all of that seems gone now, and I'll only get half of my image at best.

Checking off to automatically format the images results in terrible low quality images that are so small you can barely see them.

I've done some research and apparently Aldiko is one of the most used free e-readers for android, so I'd definitely like for our products to display fine on it.

Any suggestions? Anyone else that experiences similar problems?
Souldor_MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:50 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'd try your luck in either the ePub forum... or the iPad and/or Android forums. You might get the most exposure with "those in the know" about ePub creation that way.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert