Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 01-16-2011, 09:02 AM   #1
Beckeyd
Beckeyd began at the beginning.

Device: nook color, droid incredible
Question PDF bookmark work around

I've read here that I can't bookmark books in PDF format. Any suggestions for a work Around? Also can I convert books that are in. Lit format for reading on my Nook?
Beckeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:51 PM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Do you have a rooted nook? If you don't know what that means that's a no. if so, you can buy repligo, which gives you full annotation on pdfs.

Ezpdf has bookmarks but that feature does not work on the nook, some how that is broken.

Else if you have the stock device there is no work around.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2011, 06:04 PM   #3
Beckeyd
Beckeyd began at the beginning.

Device: nook color, droid incredible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckeyd View Post
I've read here that I can't bookmark books in PDF format. Any suggestions for a work Around? Also can I convert books that are in. Lit format for reading on my Nook?
Thanks. No it's not rooted [yetI][/I] but it's looking more like I'll be doing that soon. Seems like I've been getting a lot of answers that start with the question is it rooted yet.
Beckeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:21 PM   #4
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
The answer on bookmarks is it depends. The NOOKcolor has two different PDF viewers. If your PDF's are Adobe Digital Edition DRM'ed books, then they are opened in the Book Viewer & you can bookmark them. If your PDF's are non-DRM'ed, then they are opened in Quick-Office & you cannot bookmark them.

The only workaround that I have found for non-DRM'ed books is to convert from PDF to EPUB format using a program like calibre. Sometimes the conversion is sloppy, and you have to clean the EPUB file up further using a program like Sigil.

If your .LIT files do not have DRM, then you can use the program calibre to convert them. This program is very popular, and there is a whole forum on MR dedicated to discussing it.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:50 AM   #5
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
=X=, besides annotations, does Repligo also give you the capability to add bookmarks?
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2011, 12:28 PM   #6
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtriever View Post
=X=, besides annotations, does Repligo also give you the capability to add bookmarks?
If you mean PDF bookmarks used for navigation the answer is no. Which is kind of odd since I would figure the other annotation features are harder to implement.

It also does not support the bookmarks used in eReaders like, the Kindle, B&N, etc.. Where you tap a corner to note the page.

I'm using the notes feature as my bookmarks. I tap the page number then type a note and that is how I save my page.
=X=

PS I've added an image of how the notes look like
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11-01-17-1.png
Views:	730
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	65000  

Last edited by =X=; 01-17-2011 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Added image
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote