Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-26-2010, 06:32 PM   #1
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
iPhone slowdown due to number of titles in iBooks?

Hi, I've been reading this forum for a while and decided to register so I could ask a question.

Lately, I've built up a collection of 800+ ebooks in ePUB format. I use iBooks to read them, since I find iTunes more convenient than Calibre to organize my collection.

The thing is, since adding them to the device, I've noticed it's slowed down immensely. Everything from opening folders to returning to the home screen to shutting down apps in the multitasking bar causes the phone to lag for 3-4 seconds. I use an iPhone 4 running iOS 4.2 and never noticed this problem before migrating my collection over to the device.

Has anyone else noticed this?
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:14 AM   #2
mjhudston
All round good egg
mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple Ipad 3rd Generation
No. but then I have less than 100 ebooks. Have you tried reducing the amount you actually sync with your iPhone, and if so has it made a difference.
mjhudston is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2010, 05:45 AM   #3
turbotoes
turbotoes began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini, galaxy A5
My iphone 4 has over 1200 books on it, running 4.1 and ibooks 1.12, I can't say I've noticed any slow down at all, nor on hubbies ipod touch either, did it slow down after either the upgrade to 4.2 or an update to ibooks?
turbotoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:46 AM   #4
pizda
Enthusiast
pizda began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, iPad
Maybe it is still indexing because you have pushed them all... just be patient
pizda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:24 PM   #5
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
I recant. After running a few experiments where I removed all books from the device, then put them back on, and so forth, I discovered that a simple reboot solved the problem. I guess there was too much garbage clogging up the memory cache. I have no idea whether this was related to reading or not.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert