Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-13-2010, 07:39 PM   #1
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Access Android Market - Clear Instructions on Nook Devs

Instructions have been flushed out.

http://www.nookdevs.com/Enable_the_Android_Market

I'll give it a shot, but I'm not doing a factory reset.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:38 PM   #2
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
I'll wait for feedback.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2010, 06:44 AM   #3
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Me, too.
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:24 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Instructions have been updated again. Now there's an automated script. I was ready to do it manually. I'm starting the process now.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:45 PM   #5
SCION
Séduisant

I'm back. Got everything working! GMail, Market, YouTube without doing a factory reset.

I tried to use the automated script but it wasn't configured to work properly for me and I couldn't make the necessary changes. Used the manual process with no problems.

http://www.nookdevs.com/NookColor:Manual_market_enable

Next I'll see if the Overdrive app will work now.

Edit: Overdrive does work now! Figured it was Google related. Unreal how everything is intertwined.

Last edited by SCION; 12-14-2010 at 06:05 PM.
Advert
Old 12-14-2010, 06:00 PM   #6
SCION
Séduisant

Two Ways To Enable Android Market

Manual: http://www.nookdevs.com/NookColor:Manual_market_enable

Automated Script: http://www.nookdevs.com/Enable_the_Android_Market
Old 12-14-2010, 10:05 PM   #7
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Hey, so far do you think it's worth the trouble? Does it break any other stock features? Thanks for being the intrepid explorer while my nook color syncs with the Christmas advent calendar (10 more days until I can break it out again).
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:15 PM   #8
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah98 View Post
Hey, so far do you think it's worth the trouble? Does it break any other stock features? Thanks for being the intrepid explorer while my nook color syncs with the Christmas advent calendar (10 more days until I can break it out again).
Hey, You!

Yeah, it's worth it. Just the added functionality that you gain from having the required Google account on the device. Really opens up doors from an app perspective. If you're gonna root, might as well go all the way!

No stock features were screwed up.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:32 AM   #9
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Hey, You!

Yeah, it's worth it. Just the added functionality that you gain from having the required Google account on the device. Really opens up doors from an app perspective. If you're gonna root, might as well go all the way!

No stock features were screwed up.
Thanks SCION, you are my new favorite "Mobilereader"

How desperate am I; I couldn't sleep last night, so at 2:00 in the morning I get up, slip out my packed away nook color, do the market hack, and go back to bed without waking up the wife or kids!

Within 15 minutes I was in business with market goodness

To anyone who is considering this, I followed the directions and used the Windows autoscript. It took almost no time at all, and without any problems. Definitely worth it!
Old 12-15-2010, 08:23 AM   #10
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Darn you people! Now I have to do it, too.

Noah: Glad to see you used the script...I think that'll be my best bet. But it looks like the script enables some things I already have such as being able to install apks from SD card and enabling multi touch. I've made both of those updates on my Nook already.

Scion: Do you think using the script will be problematic since I already have some of the things it "fixes" configured on my Nook?

Last edited by French; 12-15-2010 at 08:32 AM.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:22 AM   #11
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by French View Post

Scion: Do you think using the script will be problematic since I already have some of the things it "fixes" configured on my Nook?
That's a good question that I can't answer with confidence. I wouldn't think so. I was aware of that (and concerned as well), but I attempted to use the auto process anyway.

If you want more control do the manual thing. I know the disclaimers are scary, but it's meant to scare people away. I read the instructions several times pondering them before I did it. Just take your time and cling on to every word that's there (particularly the part about YouTube). You won't screw anything up. If it doesn't work nothing is damaged.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:43 AM   #12
French
Groupie

Quote:
That's a good question that I can't answer with confidence. I wouldn't think so. I was aware of that (and concerned as well), but I attempted to use the auto process anyway.

If you want more control do the manual thing. I know the disclaimers are scary, but it's meant to scare people away. I read the instructions several times pondering them before I did it. Just take your time and cling on to every word that's there (particularly the part about YouTube). You won't screw anything up. If it doesn't work nothing is damaged.

You DO recall that just this week I decided to try "2" brightness on my Nook not once, but TWICE?
Old 12-15-2010, 09:59 AM   #13
Noah98
Eccentric

Quote:
Originally Posted by French View Post
Darn you people! Now I have to do it, too.

Noah: Glad to see you used the script...I think that'll be my best bet. But it looks like the script enables some things I already have such as being able to install apks from SD card and enabling multi touch. I've made both of those updates on my Nook already.

I already had those things enabled as well, and it didn't cause any problems.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:02 AM   #14
Noah98
Eccentric

Quote:

Did you update to the newer version of the Market?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=872621
Old 12-15-2010, 10:09 AM   #15
richorlin
richorlin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Once you root it and add Google Apps and the Marketplace, can you still use it as a Nook e-reader?
richorlin is offline   Reply With Quote