Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-27-2010, 04:43 AM   #31
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Congrats on your mother.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
very nice, iridal (the mom part, not the fat part )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
That's wonderful!
Thanks guys !

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
I'm glad to hear your mom is going to be OK. I'm sure it's been a very stressful time for you.

My husband has had three brain surgeries since April, so the best gift I've had all year is having him home. The little sumpin' he got me from Tiffanys was nice, too.
Yep, she gave us quite a scare. Luckily her tumor was benign, it probably won't come back.

I'm sure your husband is going to be fine as well. Take it one step at a time and cherish all the little things !
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:44 AM   #32
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Best gave: Rocks! Mom wanted to have rocks to finish her landscape, so she was given a truck load of rocks.
Now that's an original christmas gift I'm guessing it was a little difficult to gift wrap though
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:45 AM   #33
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridal View Post
Yep, she gave us quite a scare. Luckily her tumor was benign, it probably won't come back.

I'm sure your husband is going to be fine as well. Take it one step at a time and cherish all the little things !
Excellent on your mom's prognosis.

My husband's surgeries were vascular and we won't actually know the outcome for 2 or 3 years. Our fingers are crossed that he won't have to have more in 2011. you're right, it definitely makes me grateful for every moment.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:52 AM   #34
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
Excellent on your mom's prognosis.

My husband's surgeries were vascular and we won't actually know the outcome for 2 or 3 years. Our fingers are crossed that he won't have to have more in 2011. you're right, it definitely makes me grateful for every moment.
I sincerely hope that you won't have to go through that again in the coming year. I'm glad to see that your husband is on the mend at home. Happy holidays!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:54 AM   #35
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
My best preset was watching the kids, the next best would have been the first season DVD collection of the new Battlestar Galactica, and the third would be the HD TV we finally bought ourselves - which will go nicely with the second best present
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:02 AM   #36
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
My best preset was watching the kids, the next best would have been the first season DVD collection of the new Battlestar Galactica, and the third would be the HD TV we finally bought ourselves - which will go nicely with the second best present
BSG had a great first season, I loved it. I hope you enjoy your gift!
Old 12-27-2010, 11:44 AM   #37
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
BSG had a great first season, I loved it. I hope you enjoy your gift!
Thanks, I'm sure I will. IO just need to find about 12 hours or so when there is no one else watching the tv, and when the dog wont want to go out, the phone wont ring .....

sigh... maybe I'll get the rest of the family to go somewhere and take the dog and my phone
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:42 PM   #38
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
My best gift was a White Christmas for the first time in nearly 15 years and spending it with the love of my life. Though buying is both Droid Xs was nice too
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:57 PM   #39
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Oh yes. I love my Droid X ... yes I do....
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:42 AM   #40
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
My best gift was a White Christmas for the first time in nearly 15 years and spending it with the love of my life. Though buying is both Droid Xs was nice too
Old 12-29-2010, 08:25 AM   #41
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
I have 2 best given. First the toolbox for my husband that I almost broke my back carrying (which I got a nice backrub after he opened it and realized that was how I threw my back out before ) and the second is the skateboard I gave to my oldest son (he's 8). At first he was terrified of it but since Christmas he's gotten pretty excited about starting his lessons next week.

The best I received was my new book-like case for my Kobo. I really needed one
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote