Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 04-19-2009, 09:53 AM   #1
davers
Connoisseur
davers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony Dark Blue 505
Using Bookdesigner...Center title up and down

Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone knew how to center the Title and Author in the center of the page up and down? Is this possible? I've tried adding spaces above the title, but it seems to just strip them out.

Thanks for any help!

Dave
davers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:24 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That can't be done, to the best of my knowledge.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2009, 10:39 AM   #3
davers
Connoisseur
davers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animals

:-( poo!
Old 04-19-2009, 10:54 AM   #4
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
I've not used book designer, but as a word processor expert (ha ha) try using just a period at the beginning of the lines and whatever is needed as a paragraph delineator, i.e., Hard Return. The program should take that as a line of text and leave it there. Let me know.....
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:43 PM   #5
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
we had a Dicussion about this a while back, and the decision to use a Picture as the Title page is what we all agreed would reproduce the effect wanted and keep it no matter what the font size the book is in
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2009, 09:53 AM   #6
davers
Connoisseur

Hey Andy..yes..that's exactly what I wound up doing. I actually created the Title, Subtitle, Author in Bookdesigner, then I copied and pasted into Word...took a screenshot of it and cropped it in paint leaving about a 2 inch border at the top. Then I pasted that in place of my Title etc...it worked perfectly. I also played around with putting a .gif at the top..just something fancy, you know, like some sort of celtic swirls and that worked fine too.

Dave