Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-21-2011, 02:34 PM   #1
mr_ed
Connoisseur
mr_ed began at the beginning.

Device: been e-reading since Handspring's first PDA
PDF annotation and manipulation?

I've never been involved much with PDFs. I remember that long ago it took about a day and a half to load the Adobe reader - boy what a pain that was!

But people here have mentioned liking the EE's e-ink screen for marking up PDFs. If someone took that away from you, what would be another good combination of hardware and software?

For reading ebooks more comfortably, I can see wanting to unwind a PDF and reflow it - what do people use for that?

Thanks for the advice!

-- Ed
mr_ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:54 PM   #2
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Mr_ed, have a look at my post in the eink fonts? thread #13 where I give a general description of how we go about producing PDFs here.

Last edited by ivanjt; 06-21-2011 at 06:56 PM.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2011, 09:54 AM   #3
glenj
glenj began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
EdgeSync is supposed to be pretty good, but I've never been able to get it to work with my EE (if I remember correctly, the program was designed with the PE in mind).
glenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:17 PM   #4
sabman
sabman began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Try MoonReader and ezpdf.
sabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:22 PM   #5
fgruber
Academic
fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Plus
It works fine in my EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenj View Post
EdgeSync is supposed to be pretty good, but I've never been able to get it to work with my EE (if I remember correctly, the program was designed with the PE in mind).
fgruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2011, 12:31 PM   #6
glenj

I wonder why it's not working for me. I'm hoping that the next version will work as emailing myself all my journals as a PDF will be a pain.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:30 PM   #7
fgruber
Academic
fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

what problem are you having?
Quote:
I wonder why it's not working for me. I'm hoping that the next version will work as emailing myself all my journals as a PDF will be a pain.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:49 PM   #8
glenj

With the current version I get told edgesync.log is in use, and then when I try to sync up a journal I get a bunch of error exceptions. The first problem goes away when I use version 0.5, but still have the second.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:56 AM   #9
fgruber
Academic

are you using Onenote2010?

If you are, try converting the notebook where you want to import the journals to 2007 format. Otherwise it won't work.

Quote:
With the current version I get told edgesync.log is in use, and then when I try to sync up a journal I get a bunch of error exceptions. The first problem goes away when I use version 0.5, but still have the second.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:09 PM   #10
glenj

Yup.

I created a Notebook I called "edge", set it to 2007, and I'm still getting the errors.

So needless to say, I'm a little frustrated with EdgeSync, but I know others are able to use it no problem, so I don't know what's wrong on my end.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:23 PM   #11
fgruber
Academic

Also make sure that the journal that you are trying to import does not have empty pages or it will crash.

Quote:
Yup.

I created a Notebook I called "edge", set it to 2007, and I'm still getting the errors.

So needless to say, I'm a little frustrated with EdgeSync, but I know others are able to use it no problem, so I don't know what's wrong on my end.