Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-29-2008, 07:41 PM   #1
murad
murad began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
"Menu" and "Mark" keys does not work

"Menu" and "Mark" buttons of my Sony PRS-505 reader's doesn't work. I tried all Reset methods and rewrited the firmware, but it's useless. I think it's not caused by any physical damage.
Anyone have any suggestions to fix it up?
murad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 06:25 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
1. Have you installed any of the hacks? Some of them may have led to the problem.
2. Have you contacted Sony? It's worth doing, especially if the device is still under warranty.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2008, 08:21 AM   #3
cdstrachan
cdstrachan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Cool I had the same problem - but it went away

I upgraded to the latest firmware (whichever version just came out), and I soon noticed that the menu and mark buttons would not work, nor would the forward/backwards buttons on the left work.

This meant that to read a new book, I had to reset the device.

However, the problem has mysteriously gone away. It was there last night, and today all is fine.

You figure?
cdstrachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:38 AM   #4
cdstrachan
cdstrachan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Nope just the regular Sony firmware, althought the problem started soon after I installed version 1.1 (us) from the sony site. Not sure if it is related.
cdstrachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:35 PM   #5
wild_Willie2
Zealot
wild_Willie2 began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
Hi.

I had the same problem with the mentioned buttons including the arrow buttons.

It's caused by a break in the wires/connectors inside your casing. Nothing to do about that yourself as you simply can not reach in there.

If you still have warranty send it back to sony, if not look for a reader with a busted screen and exchange that casing with yours. I did the exchange and it works perfectly again.....
wild_Willie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
menu mark button problem