Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-24-2012, 03:02 AM   #31
Ginwen
Addict
Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch/IPad
Thanks, it's useful to know that I can reuse the same email as long as I've never used it with Baen to actually buy anything, I've been making a new one each time (by moving the "." around in my gmail) and I'm going to run out eventually. I've never used that gmail to actually buy anything.

Last edited by Ginwen; 06-24-2012 at 06:12 AM.
Ginwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:32 AM   #32
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
bfollowell check your email, code sent.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #33
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Code received from gbm, redeemed and new code sent to Dcslz.
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #34
Dcslz
Dcslz is a marvel to beholdDcslz is a marvel to beholdDcslz is a marvel to beholdDcslz is a marvel to beholdDcslz is a marvel to beholdDcslz is a marvel to beholdDcslz is a marvel to beholdDcslz is a marvel to beholdDcslz is a marvel to beholdDcslz is a marvel to beholdDcslz is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Fire, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch
Code received from bfollowell , redeemed and new code sent to plib.
Dcslz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:14 AM   #35
plib
Guru
plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Code sent to colleenFL
plib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2012, 02:20 AM   #36
colleenFL
Groupie
colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.

Device: PW3, PW1, Kobo N647, Sony PRS-600, Sony PRS-300, various tablets
Code received from plib. Waiting for next person.
colleenFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:25 AM   #37
plib
Guru
plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfollowell View Post
It looks good to me but I don't necessarily think it's 100% correct. I always use the same email address every single time and I've never experienced the first problem. Now, it is an email address that has never been registered on the Baen web-site but I do use the same email every time.

- Byron
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
I have a second email that is not registered to a Baen Account that I send the gift coupon to for every Monthly Baen Bundle that I buy, also for getting coupons.

bernie
OK, I was under the impression that it had to be an entirely new email for each code generation. I've always created a new one so I didn't know a reusable one worked, and I wasn't going to experiment at the risk of breaking the chain. It doesn't hurt anything to create a new one but it's obviously a little more hassle so I'll reword the guide to indicate that if someone wants to reuse an address they can, as long as it has never been used to purchase anything from Baen.

Actually that raises another question in my mind, has anyone used one of their reusable code generating addresses for the Planet Baen webgame?

If not then it might be safer to reword it to say that it is reusable - as long as it has never been used to create any account for any purpose with Baen.

I'll leave the original instructions as is until anyone comments. At least I know they're safe as is.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #38
camiller
Addict
camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wireless
PM sent to colleenFL
camiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:31 PM   #39
colleenFL
Groupie
colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.

Device: PW3, PW1, Kobo N647, Sony PRS-600, Sony PRS-300, various tablets
PM rec'd from camiller. Code sent to camiller.
colleenFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #40
camiller
Addict
camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Code received and waiting on the next in line.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:57 AM   #41
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by plib View Post
If not then it might be safer to reword it to say that it is reusable - as long as it has never been used to create any account for any purpose with Baen.

I'll leave the original instructions as is until anyone comments. At least I know they're safe as is.
That is the way that it works at this time.

Quote:
Actually that raises another question in my mind, has anyone used one of their reusable code generating addresses for the Planet Baen webgame?
Planet Baen coupons can only be used for the email/Baen account that is linked with the Planet Baen account.

During the Beta test you could email Baen support and they would transfer coupons form secondly accounts to main, do not know if that is true now.

bernie

Last edited by gbm; 06-27-2012 at 10:58 AM. Reason: editing
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:12 PM   #42
plib
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
Planet Baen coupons can only be used for the email/Baen account that is linked with the Planet Baen account.

During the Beta test you could email Baen support and they would transfer coupons form secondly accounts to main, do not know if that is true now.

bernie
I used Planet Baen emails that were already registered with Baen. If you are saying that Baen requires an account to be created with them corresponding to any email used for Planet Baen then I guess we come back to "cannot use an email that has been registered with Baen for any purpose whatsoever" as bolded above. Is that what you meant when you said that's the way it works at this time?
Old 06-28-2012, 01:10 AM   #43
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
The coupon codes received in the Planet Baen game can only be used with the same email address used by the game (in fact, you must create an account with the same email address at Baen books, in order to redeem your coupon).

Customer support will likely still let you move or combine coupons, but that's only after you redeem them, which means that address has been used at Baen.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:19 AM   #44
plib
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
The coupon codes received in the Planet Baen game can only be used with the same email address used by the game (in fact, you must create an account with the same email address at Baen books, in order to redeem your coupon).

Customer support will likely still let you move or combine coupons, but that's only after you redeem them, which means that address has been used at Baen.
OK, that seems clear. So any email that has been used at Baen, other than for the express purpose of receiving the codes, will probably trigger an "invalid email" response and likely break the chain.

As the instructions are really for newbies, and not people who have been through the process once or twice, I'm leaning towards leaving them unchanged so first timers do create a brand new email. Once they've learned the ropes they can choose, at their risk of being a chain breaker, whether to reuse the code email. On Yahoo the whole new account process only takes about a minute anyway.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:32 AM   #45
camiller
Addict

With all that said, I'd like to remind anyone still reading that I am the current holder of the end of this (Dec 2011) chain. PM me if you want a code.