Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-04-2011, 06:17 AM   #1
lorenzoens
Edge User

Online shop closed: they always told...

2011/4/4 Ebookreader Discounter <support@ebookreaderdiscounter.com>

Hi Lorenz,

Thank you.

I think you made a mistake in websites. www.entourageedge.com is the official website of enTourage eDGe in the USA. They have always told us that as soon as they got enough resellers they would close the online shop. So nothing to worry about.

Stebis BV is a distributor in the Netherlands distributing the enTourage edge. So are we, Ndigo Business BV. We distribute enTourage eDGe as well.

Hope to have informed you well

Old 04-04-2011, 06:20 AM   #2
lorenzoens
Edge User

...So, what if they are using our concerns to have some free advertising from users, to empty their stocks before they launch another new device?

Advert
Old 04-04-2011, 06:45 AM   #3
paula-t
Edge User

The point is not that they may close their online shop. Not all manufacturers have direct online stores, and there are many who work based on dealers.

The alarming point is that they have erased all product information about Entourage Edge in their "Devices" tab. So even if you go to a dealer to buy the products, the manufacturer is supposed to provide product details, descriptions, specifications, photos, etc. And all this they have removed from their website.

In fact, the only sales information refers to Pocket Edge, and there is no product specification and description for this version either.
And if they plan to revamp or relaunch Edge, at least they should be making an enticing announcement to create expectations, instead of just deleting their own webpages referred to their products.

So, unless I am making very wrong interpretations, it seems as if they are discontinuing both devices, to my regret.

What do you think?

Old 04-04-2011, 06:51 AM   #4
Gunnerp245
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula-t View Post
So, unless I am making very wrong interpretations, it seems as if they are discontinuing both devices, to my regret.
What do you think?
I think you are correct!

Old 04-04-2011, 07:31 AM   #5
alefor
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula-t View Post
And if they plan to revamp or relaunch Edge, at least they should be making an enticing announcement to create expectations, instead of just deleting their own webpages referred to their products.

What do you think?
I completely agree. You said it well. No other conclusion makes any sense at this point.

Advert