Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-14-2012, 08:58 AM   #196
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Just a heads up as of the 5th of June the Sony store is now accessible via the web. Has anyone had a chance to look into adding this to Get Books?
I have a soft spot in my heart for SONY, since my first reader was a SONY, so http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kovid/c...revision/12431
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:03 PM   #197
meskio
meskio began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1
[Store Plugin] the anarchist library

I create a plugin to add http://theanarchistlibrary.org/ as an store of calibre, see attachment. It's my first calibre plugin, I'll like to hear any comments about bugs or better ways to do it.

What is the policy about store plugins on calibre? Will it be useful to included it on calibre?

Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip theanarchistlibrary_store.zip (1.8 KB, 390 views)
meskio is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2012, 10:51 PM   #198
vulcan_girl
Groupie
vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350
Would it be possible to have millsandboon.co.uk added? I read the thread and didn't see it requested yet.
vulcan_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #199
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcan_girl View Post
Would it be possible to have millsandboon.co.uk added? I read the thread and didn't see it requested yet.
I have contacted Mills & Boon. If they respond favorably then I will add their site.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:20 PM   #200
vulcan_girl
Groupie
vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you!
Advert
Old 07-02-2012, 04:23 AM   #201
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Foyles UK, and Amazon ES/IT

Foyles has completely changed their site, so the current Foyles store plugin does not work. This will be fixed in the next calibre release (0.8.59).

Regarding Amazon Italy and Spain: could someone tell me if the store plugins are working? By "working" I mean that you can search for, find, and buy books. I can't test them much because one must "live" in one of the two countries before searching the site will work. My assumption has been that the sites work in the same way as the FR, DE, and UK sites, and it would be nice to know if my assumption is correct. Thank you.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #202
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I have contacted Mills & Boon. If they respond favorably then I will add their site.
Make them a plugin please. Then we can opt out.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:41 AM   #203
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Make them a plugin please. Then we can opt out.
???

I don't understand what you are asking for. All stores are plugins, and you can "opt in" or "opt out" of any store you want. Are you looking for something different from what already exists?
Old 07-03-2012, 09:50 PM   #204
vulcan_girl
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
???

I don't understand what you are asking for. All stores are plugins, and you can "opt in" or "opt out" of any store you want. Are you looking for something different from what already exists?
No, he just hates romance books.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:03 PM   #205
Dora_G
Dora_G began at the beginning.

Device: none
my getbooks feature isn't there?

I have a Macbook pro running 10.4.11, so I downloaded calibre 0.7.28, which I believe is the latest version that will work with my (old) computer. Please let me know if I should/could be running a newer version.

When I downloaded calibre for the first time (recently), there was no getbooks feature. I tried to find it, to no avail. Is there any way to get that function on my version of calibre?

I'm not very good with this kind of thing, but I would really appreciate the help!

Dora
Dora_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:45 PM   #206
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora_G View Post
I have a Macbook pro running 10.4.11, so I downloaded calibre 0.7.28, which I believe is the latest version that will work with my (old) computer. Please let me know if I should/could be running a newer version.

When I downloaded calibre for the first time (recently), there was no getbooks feature. I tried to find it, to no avail. Is there any way to get that function on my version of calibre?

I'm not very good with this kind of thing, but I would really appreciate the help!

Dora
Every version of Calibre adds new features or improves performance on older ones (OK! and fixes some creepy bugs )

Some of these use newer (programing) building blocks . Some of these blocks wont fit into older OS . Rather that hold back Calibre, the developers decided to hang a 'Sorry, you must update your OS/Computer, if you want to get these features.

Welcome to the world of 5 year old antique computers
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #207
Dora_G

if i have a new smartphone, can i get calibre on my phone that will have the getbooks feature?
Old 07-06-2012, 07:05 PM   #208
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora_G View Post
if i have a new smartphone, can i get calibre on my phone that will have the getbooks feature?
Simple answer is no.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #209
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcan_girl View Post
Mills and Boon said yes, so the store will be added. It is too late for tomorrow's release, but it should be available in the release next week.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #210
Dora_G

can an ipad run calibre by itself? Or does it need to be paired with a computer? Can I run two different versions of calibre, one on computer and one on the ipad? I want to make it so that the ipad has the getbook features and I can still switch my books from one device to another sing calibre. Is that possible?

Tags
calibre, plugin, store, theanarchistlibrary