Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-16-2011, 12:04 PM   #91
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I wholeheartedly agree with this.
+1
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:53 PM   #92
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Maybe I missed something here - why don't you guys just simply register? The nagging will go.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:32 AM   #93
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
Maybe I missed something here - why don't you guys just simply register? The nagging will go.
As a matter of principle, this isn't some piece of shareware that should have limited functionality and nag us constantly, we bought our devices we should be able to opt out.

My reasons are:

A) I didn't want to be forced or pressured into it.
B) I still can't use my device online because the ppp connection script can't be edited forcing me to either buy a Wi-Fi router or a cell phone data package I can't afford.
C) It clearly says we should register to receive support and frankly I'm not that impressed with the level of that support.
D) Until just recently they couldn't even be bothered to fully translate the website and it and most other pocketbook website are still under-par in that department.
E) Its clearly a ploy to have a captive audience for the book store since the registration isn't separate.

I personally caved in on the registration front since i saw some progress on the site translation, still you wouldn't find me using the store before a great deal of changes in attitude, we non Russian speaking pocketbook customers feel ignored enough.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:30 AM   #94
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
Besides the points made by J.C., it appears from the Russian forum that in order for the message to go the only way is to register. I resent this as a matter of principle, I do not want to be "traced" or monitored or anyhow forced into compliance, and I would like to have at least been told that registration was unavoidable beforehand. I can completely understand the commercial reasons, but there are oter ways (e.g. they could have added x to the price and offer the x discount to those who registered). And the bookland website really is almost impossible to navigate (not to mention the countless books you cannot buy as they aer "not available in your region" - it would be much better to only show available books, though I am starting to think there are not many...).
Old 05-06-2011, 03:00 PM   #95
yuryfdr
Connoisseur
yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.

Device: pocketbook 301, pocketbook 603
Sokoban is updated. You can play now using stilus.
yuryfdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 04:21 PM   #96
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuryfdr View Post
Sokoban is updated. You can play now using stilus.
thanks Yuri, the old links still direct to your project page - same for sergey's chess. I have also updated the link to the alpha 2.1.0 firmware, and added my sd card.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:37 PM   #97
paola
Wizard

updated with latest coolreader from pkbo.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:09 PM   #98
paola
Wizard

updated with latest 2.1.0 FW version for all four Pro models.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:54 PM   #99
paola
Wizard

updated with latest chess version and latest coolreader (pkbo) versions.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:49 AM   #100
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
Paola: thank you for all this effort you are doing to summary all the good stuff for the PB. It is very helpful for every owner of PB devices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
updated with latest chess version and latest coolreader (pkbo) versions.
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:16 AM   #101
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive View Post
Paola: thank you for all this effort you are doing to summary all the good stuff for the PB. It is very helpful for every owner of PB devices!

just updated with latest Coolreader version courtesy of pkbo
Old 06-06-2011, 06:23 PM   #102
paola
Wizard

updated with pkbo's latest Coolreader version and link to SDK - how could I have forgotten that!
Old 06-06-2011, 10:30 PM   #103
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
updated with pkbo's latest Coolreader version and link to SDK - how could I have forgotten that!
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:27 PM   #104
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE,3 PEs,HP Pro Slate12.2,&Kindle Paperwhite,GalaxyTabPro12.2,Note 4
I have been using a Transcend 16gb class 6 SDHC card, without any problems....
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:14 PM   #105
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrye View Post
I have been using a Transcend 16gb class 6 SDHC card, without any problems....
Hi Gerrye, thanks for the tip - but are you referring to the IQ? This thread is for the e-ink devices only, as there are tons of different stuff for the IQ, and I wouldn't be able to follow those developments in detail, too (especialy as I do not have an IQ to experiment with) - but thanks anyway, I am sure the IQ users will be glad to know!