Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-26-2009, 02:09 PM   #1
Damętas
Connoisseur
Damętas doesn't litterDamętas doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
2nd gen M-Edge e-Luminator booklight

Their website, which had been advertising a ship date of late March, now says pre-order in late April. At least this means that they are serious about making a better version of the light. Patience, patience, must have patience.
Damętas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 03:56 PM   #2
KirstenBeck
KirstenBeck began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hello Damaetas,
My name is Kirsten Beck and I work for M-Edge. And yes we are currently in the final stages of production for the 2nd generation e-Luminator booklight. We want to release a flawless product and the process has taken a little bit longer than expected. We do anticipate pre-orders to begin in late April....but I think it will be worth the wait. I have seen the prototype and it looks great! It will be compatible with all of our e-Luminator compatible jackets (meaning even if you have an e-Luminator compatible jacket for Kindle 1, the light will still work). Anyway, I hope this information in helpful! Feel free to respond to the post if you have any questions.
Best,
Kirsten
KirstenBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2009, 09:40 PM   #3
sahmad88
Zealot
sahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enough

Device: nook color
I love the concept of this light and was reasonably happy with the first one. Can you give any hints about what this light will be like that is different from the original?
sahmad88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:35 PM   #4
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Will the new light be brighter? I was disappointed that it wasn't as bright as the Mighty Bright 2. Thanks for taking questions.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:48 PM   #5
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
Hi KirstenBeck! Thanks for coming to Mobileread!
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2009, 09:50 PM   #6
Damętas
Connoisseur

Thank you, Kirsten! I am eager to place my pre-order. I love the idea of having a light that "lives" inside my Kindle case.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:48 PM   #7
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
They need to come out with some flashing lights alarm, in case someone dares to touch my Kindle
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:12 PM   #8
cksasaki
cksasaki began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirstenBeck View Post
Hello Damaetas,
My name is Kirsten Beck and I work for M-Edge. And yes we are currently in the final stages of production for the 2nd generation e-Luminator booklight. We want to release a flawless product and the process has taken a little bit longer than expected. We do anticipate pre-orders to begin in late April....but I think it will be worth the wait. I have seen the prototype and it looks great! It will be compatible with all of our e-Luminator compatible jackets (meaning even if you have an e-Luminator compatible jacket for Kindle 1, the light will still work). Anyway, I hope this information in helpful! Feel free to respond to the post if you have any questions.
Best,
Kirsten
I sure hope the wait will be worth it... I bought a cheap clip light that works okay, but it looks kind of hokey sticking out of my m-edge case... I'm really hoping for a good integrated solution...
cksasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 04:27 AM   #9
tylerdurden51
tylerdurden51 began at the beginning.

Device: none
i'm waiting for this! i have to use glasses and a light to read mine now
tylerdurden51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:42 PM   #10
goggin
Enthusiast
goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: kindle
+1 ...looking forward to 2nd gen m-edge e-luminator
goggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:52 PM   #11
sahmad88
Zealot
sahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enough

Device: nook color
The new light is finally pictured on the website. It looks really good. It is now slated for availability on May 26th for preorder. I don't know when it will actually be available, though.
sahmad88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:10 AM   #12
Slow_hand
Groupie
Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmad88 View Post
The new light is finally pictured on the website. It looks really good. It is now slated for availability on May 26th for preorder. I don't know when it will actually be available, though.
link
Slow_hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:59 AM   #13
Damętas
Connoisseur

It is scheduled to ship mid-June.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:22 AM   #14
boucher
boucher began at the beginning.

Device: none
the pic of new light is available on the realated website thats good in looking.no idea about availablity.
boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:01 PM   #15
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirstenBeck View Post
Hello Damaetas,
Best,
Kirsten
It's been delayed again. The site went from saying they'd be taking pre-orders on May 26 to "Available Summer 2009". What's the problem?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote