Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-22-2013, 09:51 AM   #36886
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I'll bet the boxes the new toys come in will be 'better'.....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:35 PM   #36887
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I've just returned from a magical morning hike around Duke Gardens ... the weather is unnaturally warm ... I worked up a sweat attired only in shorts & T-shirt ... this is some decidedly odd weather this weekend ...

The Gardens includes many native pine & evergreen species, as well as a huge variety of Asiatic species - so much of the landscape is still green, but no blooms. Although some of the trees started to bud ....
There's a new 'Moss Garden' - a zen arrangement of boulders attired in moss [sorry ... forgot to bring a camera] that is quite soothing and beautiful.

There is also an educational 'farm' area for kids that I always visit - it has a hen house ... so I always drop by to chat with the girls ... a Barred Rock hen named Mayflower flirts with me .... although the Buff Orpington, Crèvecœur, Silkie, and Australorp ladies do say Hi.

I have appropriated a bench as 'my own' in the Natural Plants area - where I make a final pit stop before leaving. In the summer it is surrounded by flame azaleas and a heck of a lot of bees. Now it is a bit forlorn and bare.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:05 PM   #36888
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Packing
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #36889
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Taking a break from scraping ice off the cars and driveway.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:22 PM   #36890
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Just came in from digging out the end of the driveway and scraping ice off the cars.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:36 PM   #36891
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Home with a sick boy.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:08 PM   #36892
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Packing
Grenades? Suitcases? Moving boxes? Smith&Wessons?

I'm watching the sun come up. Magnificent but not photograph-worthy... strange to be able to say those two together.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:37 PM   #36893
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
It was suitcases to come home from my aunt's. Now home, only thing making it ok is the kitties. Sigh
Old 12-23-2013, 03:50 AM   #36894
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Planning vacations.

My sister and I have decided to go back to the same holiday park in March we went to last month. In fact, we're going to try to book the same apartment because we loved the view and the fact that it was on the second floor (safer, no people walking by and looking in).

I think I might take a short break on my own in May or June, probably a 3 day "mini cruise" to Newcastle. It's been a while since I've been to the UK and I need my fix.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:08 PM   #36895
irish66
irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.

Device: kobo touch
Piloting a rocketship while standing on my head. ie I am actually standing on my head, as I am too short to see out the window unless I stand on something, and my head was the obvious choice. So How, can i see out the window if my head is on the ground, you're asking. It's a joke for god's sake.

Last edited by irish66; 12-23-2013 at 02:12 PM. Reason: I love to edit
irish66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:48 PM   #36896
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish66 View Post
Piloting a rocketship while standing on my head. ie I am actually standing on my head, as I am too short to see out the window unless I stand on something, and my head was the obvious choice. So How, can i see out the window if my head is on the ground, you're asking. It's a joke for god's sake.
Methinks this is a recycled version of the last cockroach
Old 12-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #36897
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Wrapping presents, what else?
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:47 PM   #36898
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Girding my loins to venture downtown. It's a really small town and we are working hard to bring it back from obsolescence. I'm a member of the downtown merchants association even though I'm not in retail. Being "present" during these pushes is important.

And oh, I'm so done with the holidays and smiling and greeting and hand shaking.

"Goes to affix smile*

Bah humbug
Old 12-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #36899
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Girding my loins to venture downtown. It's a really small town and we are working hard to bring it back from obsolescence. I'm a member of the downtown merchants association even though I'm not in retail. Being "present" during these pushes is important.

And oh, I'm so done with the holidays and smiling and greeting and hand shaking.

"Goes to affix smile*

Bah humbug
I read that as "Grinding my loins" at first . Have fun humbugging round town.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:55 PM   #36900
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

I'll have my dog with me and he makes everyone happy, so it makes me semi human

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?