Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-09-2012, 05:27 AM   #1
samnung
samnung is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.samnung is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.samnung is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.samnung is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.samnung is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.samnung is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.samnung is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.samnung is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.samnung is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.samnung is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.samnung is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: K5
Kindle Touch ScreensaverCopy script

Hello, I just made simple script for copying screensavers on Kindle Touch. Is working with Launcher and should work on every version of firmware on Kindle Touch.

More information here on github.com/samnung/ScreensaverCopy.

UPDATE:
Archive file is here:

UPDATE 2:
license: GPLv2
I've deleted images from archive, Amazon license ...
Attached Files
File Type: zip ScreensaverCopy_archive.zip (3.2 KB, 339 views)

Last edited by samnung; 08-16-2012 at 06:04 PM.
samnung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:17 AM   #2
BillyBigStuff
Enthusiast
BillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2
Nice and simple, I like it
Does it delete all of the screensavers on the device every time you press it, then replace them with those in the folder, as opposed to updating or adding to the existing ones?
Bill
BillyBigStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2012, 02:45 AM   #3
samnung
samnung is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.samnung is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.samnung is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.samnung is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.samnung is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.samnung is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.samnung is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.samnung is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.samnung is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.samnung is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.samnung is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBigStuff View Post
Nice and simple, I like it
Does it delete all of the screensavers on the device every time you press it, then replace them with those in the folder, as opposed to updating or adding to the existing ones?
Bill
The script deletes all images from KindleOS, then copy from folder 'screensaver' and rename all files to specific file-name format.

I hope this is enough to explain

Roman
Old 08-10-2012, 03:11 PM   #4
BillyBigStuff
Enthusiast
BillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2
Yes I understand now, I like it seems much more simple than the simple screensaver hack by Yifan Lu. Thanks
Bill
BillyBigStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:30 AM   #5
Pink Floyd
Pink Floyd began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mimas
Hey,
I did all steps as you mentioned in the Readme file. But this is what i've got.
All png files in my "Screensaver" folder are 600*800. what should i do?
thnx in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120811_174949.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	950.1 KB
ID:	90538  
Pink Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2012, 10:57 AM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Sell it cheap.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:41 AM   #7
samnung

Maybe you have installed simple-screensaver, or Your images are not in PNG. Make sure about that.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #8
msxer
msxer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Worked flawlessly on my KT with 5.1.2 firmware.
Thank you.
msxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:41 AM   #9
Peter_HMR
Peter_HMR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hi I have a Kindle Touch with 5.1.2 firmware. I've jailbroken my kindle successfully using data.tar.gz simple method which worked ok. I then installed yifanlus GUI launcher which installed ok.

My problem is that the screensavercopy is not showing up in the launcher. I downloaded the screensavercopy.zip file and copied the Screensavercopy folder into the the extensions folder on the root of the kindle. I disconnected the kindle and removed the USB cable and when I open up the launcher in the menu it just shows the USBloaded and the screen rotate defult items. I've tried restarting it 2 or 3 times and it still hasn't come up.
Peter_HMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:10 AM   #10
samnung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_HMR View Post
Hi I have a Kindle Touch with 5.1.2 firmware. I've jailbroken my kindle successfully using data.tar.gz simple method which worked ok. I then installed yifanlus GUI launcher which installed ok.

My problem is that the screensavercopy is not showing up in the launcher. I downloaded the screensavercopy.zip file and copied the Screensavercopy folder into the the extensions folder on the root of the kindle. I disconnected the kindle and removed the USB cable and when I open up the launcher in the menu it just shows the USBloaded and the screen rotate defult items. I've tried restarting it 2 or 3 times and it still hasn't come up.
Hi Peter, try this, look to the folder screensavercopy and there must be:
  • bin (folder)
  • config.xml
  • menu.json
If are there different files and folders, You copied wrong folder. I'll fix it in README in update on github.

Tags
launcher add-ons