Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old Yesterday, 09:08 PM   #11521
Purple Lady
Wizard
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 LTE, Nexus 7 3g, Sony PRS-950, K3 3G, Nexus 5, Boyue T62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smenk View Post
Actually that book seems to be available as an epub, the option is shown if you save a preview - http://i.imgur.com/A1PpeV6.png
It doesn't show on the book info page though. I thought they started showing format it for books again recently and if no format was shown it was kepub. I guess that only lasted a short time.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:26 PM   #11522
Docno
Enthusiast
Docno has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iPad2
Thank-you to everyone who provided information and advice about backing up my kobo library. Much appreciated. I know what I'll be doing this coming weekend...
Docno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:05 PM   #11523
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
This may be old news to some, but apparently if you access Kobo via your Swagbucks account, you earn 5 Swagbucks per dollar spent (it looks like it's a temporary increase from 4). I haven't tried it yet; maybe someone else has and can tell me if it works (and if so, which countries it works in).
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:13 PM   #11524
library addict
Wizard
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini, Nexus 7 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioncottage View Post
This may be old news to some, but apparently if you access Kobo via your Swagbucks account, you earn 5 Swagbucks per dollar spent (it looks like it's a temporary increase from 4). I haven't tried it yet; maybe someone else has and can tell me if it works (and if so, which countries it works in).
Not sure about countries, but the email addresses for Swagbucks and Kobo have to match. Also, they go by the list price at Kobo not what you actually pay.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:29 AM   #11525
Rev. Bob
Guru
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
FYI, they've gotten a lot better recently. The labeling still isn't perfect, but Orbit's one of my go-to checkpoints. In particular, this novella doesn't show a download format on the page, but it's got a standard "Adobe DRM EPUB" button in my library. (Purchased 12/2014.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
It doesn't show on the book info page though.
See above. Not perfect, but improving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady
I thought they started showing format it for books again recently and if no format was shown it was kepub. I guess that only lasted a short time.
No, that's still a good rule of thumb. It's just not universally true, as I went to some trouble to demonstrate. Sometimes improvements take time.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:16 AM   #11526
Willza
Willza has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
Here are some 35% discount codes (US store):

L5G7RX
TA6FZ8
LBVNDW
Willza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:20 AM   #11527
jimars
jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Thinkpad
35% coupons (US)

Spoiler:
6LCC62
BMFEMD
8ED3DL
HPSAY2
WG3XQX
H79XQY
C6VRV3
JKMXUT
S9KY63
7X6B6A
FKXDN4
UJD3ML
FQNNVD
6WT5NR
VMXW3T
GWS7LM
J7LWWW
SYQY9B
GHE2KA
CUZSWD
SZ3RGV
C8MMYZ
AL8B63

30%

Spoiler:
3E4GP4
V2WT7B
NP8S7G
6BYFRJ
6BT2WV
7EENM4
RBHB9A
TT5VAC
QYJYS3
WJK2J5

Last edited by jimars; Today at 12:09 PM.
jimars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:21 PM   #11528
49Kat
I'm just a bird, see?
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650 (1st reader); Kobo Vox (retired); iPad2;iPad Mini;iPhone5
Well, this is a new one. Played the trivia contest today. For three of the answers I get a 'that is not correct', for the fourth one a message that an error has occurred, please try again. Within seconds an e-mail arrived telling me I had won a coupon, but the amount of the coupon is blank.

Make that three. Three e-mails with blanks for coupon amounts.

Last edited by 49Kat; Today at 12:25 PM.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:42 PM   #11529
Uschiekid
Evangelist
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Me, too...except it was the error message from the start. Got a tonne of blank code emails....

their system must be messed up

Edit....works now

Last edited by Uschiekid; Today at 12:44 PM.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:00 PM   #11530
specficwriter
Connoisseur
specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2
35%
PKCZPR
9V3PXX
7ZSA4K
E6J38K
VADLWZ
specficwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:08 PM   #11531
joehunt
Connoisseur forever
joehunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joehunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joehunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joehunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joehunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joehunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joehunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joehunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joehunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joehunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joehunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Sony 650, K3, KT, PW2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Kat View Post
Well, this is a new one. Played the trivia contest today. For three of the answers I get a 'that is not correct', for the fourth one a message that an error has occurred, please try again. Within seconds an e-mail arrived telling me I had won a coupon, but the amount of the coupon is blank.

Make that three. Three e-mails with blanks for coupon amounts.
If you have a coupon code, try it on a book (without purchasing) to see the amount. You may be sitting on a goldmine
joehunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:13 PM   #11532
Kim W
Kim W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kim W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kim W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kim W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kim W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kim W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kim W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kim W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kim W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kim W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kim W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
30%
Coupon code: MPSP2S
Coupon code: G5LKDX
Coupon code: LHGD78
Coupon code: BEFHM2
Coupon code: 7QWHNT
Coupon code: U7EDLF
Coupon code: 6MWW6Y
Coupon code: FDE4CL
Coupon code: 6B37ZL
Coupon code: MXE7TU
Coupon code: RPZYC6
Coupon code: 2HNJAB
Coupon code: CCJRYU
Coupon code: CA5HMY
Coupon code: M45RWU
Coupon code: 9CG4WB
Coupon code: UR4MSU

35%
Coupon code: CCRLPN
Coupon code: ZFVVC2
Coupon code: 7U6YFM
Coupon code: DZFSVJ
Coupon code: Y57DP2
Coupon code: T2U6BW
Kim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:25 PM   #11533
lkmiller
Connoisseur
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Paperwhite, Onyx T68 Lynx, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
FYI, they've gotten a lot better recently. The labeling still isn't perfect, but Orbit's one of my go-to checkpoints. In particular, this novella doesn't show a download format on the page, but it's got a standard "Adobe DRM EPUB" button in my library. (Purchased 12/2014.)
You just inspired me to check the five books in my library that were previously kepub only. All of them now have download buttons! Their store listings haven't been updated to show that they now have this download option. Unfortunately, the one which is DRM-free won't download -- just gives me an "Oops!" error page. It is Unlocked: An Oral History of Haden's Syndrome by John Scalzi from Tor Books.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:46 PM   #11534
Uschiekid
Evangelist
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
10%
AF27CX
RTDVBJ
CG7WDY
QN8SJD
QREBJH
KPGK76
EDPHFX

20%
P55D7S
MZ6BTW

25%
8TL9MA
VWRXMR
2VL7YF
4NEM55
646AX8
Q6E3UU

30%
FJ7ADZ
3TXN8Y
XBKRHD
Y39E3C

(Canada)
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:51 PM   #11535
Kiya
Addict
Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360
35%
Spoiler:
DJQTEQ
QL2ET7
K8RHMS
3WA9UB
DRGER7
86JJRQ
LE5CB6
XG63BB
QAKRFG