Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 02-22-2006, 09:43 PM   #1
Sculptedstylus
Sculptedstylus began at the beginning.

Device: Tapwave Zodiac 2
Avantgo: Can't Make It Work!

I have recently uninstalled AvantGo from my Tapwave Zodiac2 and installed Plucker as a replacement, but I'm having troubles getting it to function. I think I've installed it properly, and it is in my Sync list. I've added three channels, Tapland and two Mapquest pages. When I update them on the desktop I get an Error: Runtime error parsing document (URL...) Parsing failed. When I open Plucker on my Z, only Tapland is there (and a Plucker maual), and when I try to open it there is no information when you tap a link. I probably haven't "studied" the manual well enough, but exactly what steps do you take when you add a channel? The only thing I can think of is that I must be skipping a step, preventing my two Mapquest URLs from transferring to my Zodiac. I'm using the Wizard and trying to fill in all the info.
Sculptedstylus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:37 PM   #2
Chaos
Evangelist
Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Assorted older devices
The Tapland is working correctly, right? Can you give the links to the two that fail please? It's possible it's something specific about Mapquest that fails. Or perhaps, even more specifically, just a few of them.

Just for a bit more information, what I think is happening is that the Plucker parser may be choking on those two pages due to something in/on them, since (from what you said) your third (Tapland) is working and transferring correctly.
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2006, 01:11 PM   #3
cstray
cstray began at the beginning.

Device: Zodiac2
Hey sculptedstylus, I just did the same thing on my Zod! Didn't have any issue with the pages I created, however.

It sounds to me like your Tapland channel isn't working either...that it's created but there's nothing there when you click on the links. Did you set the link depth far enough? Everything on tapland is the same domain except links on posts, so the filters shouldn't matter. I just tried Tapland/mobile from the wizard and it worked fine. Haven't tried anything from mapquest. Note that the wizard defaults to B&W images.

Maybe you should try re-installing? Or you could try a different desktop software; I've been trying out the Sunrise XP beta.
cstray is offline   Reply With Quote