Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-19-2010, 02:49 AM   #16
tinti
tinti began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I am running Fedora 12 on my Sheevaplug and used the qt RPMS from F13 for the arm architecture:

qt: http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/ko...o?buildID=3035
pyqt: http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/ko...o?buildID=3329
tinti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:52 AM   #17
lena_punkt
lena_punkt began at the beginning.

Device: N516 (OpenInkpot)
Okay, so I will show you the details of how I did it:

It was not possible. It is a pain to need Qt installed, but I did not find a way around it. X is not needed, Qt is. I succeeded installing, but not without GUI components.

I am using Gentoo. Most pain is compiling Qt-Webkit, because of low memory (linking takes about 700MB RAM, 128MB are available, and distcc does not help in this case; and I don't think calibre is ever using it). If you want to work around this problem, try what is described in the Gentoo Embedded handbook (Compiling with qemu-user chroot): http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/e...?part=1&chap=5 , speeds it up from a few days (I stopped it after 4 days) to about 2 hours. You simply run your system off an USB stick at your PC emulating ARM. Hope it helps other people running Gentoo and trying to install calibre and waiting for years to get Qt working...
lena_punkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2011, 04:53 AM   #18
ericepe
ericepe began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Besides the sheevaplug, how are you using rss download or other gui-less features?

I run a webserver which is online all the time anyway, so instead of relying on my notebook or home desktop which I try to run only when necessary I moved the downloading task to the server.

I wrote a script which fetches a list of recipes. I would like to get the list of feeds to fetch (and their configuration) directly from calibre (and with an rsync every now and then) update it to the server.

The relevant file is: .config/calibre/scheduler.xml
How to parse simple xml in a shell script, any ideas?
ericepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:15 AM   #19
sup
Connoisseur
sup began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2012)
What are the system requirement for this to run (after installation - how much RAM and disk space do you need? And CPU?)
sup is offline   Reply With Quote