Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-29-2010, 10:44 AM   #1
DuncanWatson
Kindle Convert
DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook (all)
Hello, from a new nook owner

Hello all,

I just bought my nook on Monday evening. This is my first foray into ebooks and e-readers. I read quite a bit and re-read almost all of my books. With my paper library becoming totally unmanageable in size I realized I had to find some other solution. The Nook feels like the right choice for me.

I am a wee bit surprised that the nook doesn't get much good press on this board but I suppose that is the natural consequence of the problems in the 1.0 and 1.1 software. Running 1.3 I don't have any problems with my nook and am considering rooting it after the nookdev library app gets updated for the new 1.3 file layout.

One nice thing about the nook is how easy it is to use on linux, windows and mac, all of which exist in my household. I am particularly surprised at how nice it is to use with calibre on linux and must thank the authors of that nice tool.

-Duncan
DuncanWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:01 AM   #2
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	hellosign.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	50759 Duncan, and welcome to Mobileread.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2010, 08:59 PM   #3
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:58 PM   #4
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi Duncan and welcome to MR. Don't worry about the negative feedback on the Nook here too much (Unless it's technical). Nook is relatively new and MR members are fiercly loyal to their own readers.

The main thing is that you are happy with the Nook and can now enjoy all your books.

I Hope you enjoy MR as well. It's a great place to learn more about your reader and good company.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:28 AM   #5
DuncanWatson
Kindle Convert
DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katti's Cat View Post
Hi Duncan and welcome to MR. Don't worry about the negative feedback on the Nook here too much (Unless it's technical). Nook is relatively new and MR members are fiercly loyal to their own readers.
Thank you. I suspect you are 100% correct. I am already loyal to my Nook and I have only had it 4 days. Once there is a larger audience I am sure the nook will be more popular here on MR.

My biggest problem is the temptation to buy my entire paper library in ebook formats. But I am resisting.
Advert
Old 04-30-2010, 12:43 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Duncan and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:05 PM   #7
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
Hi and welcome to MobileRead!
carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:51 PM   #8
DuncanWatson
Kindle Convert

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I have been exploring for a few days and really like these forums. Quite informative.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:56 PM   #9
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote