Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-25-2009, 03:14 PM   #1
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Sony eBook Library (EBL) 3.0 links

PC version
Mac version

Last edited by igorsk; 08-25-2009 at 07:19 PM.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:18 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Installer now allows to choose the region.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ebl30_1.png
Views:	906
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	34919  
Advert
Old 08-25-2009, 03:24 PM   #3
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
PC version is up.
Will edit to include Mac version when available.
The new version of the library supports fully justified ePubs
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:24 PM   #4
Nvidiot
Connoisseur
Nvidiot began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
I will have to try this, it'll be interesting to see if it works properly on Windows 7 64-bit

One issue I do see is that I'm in the Netherlands but do have a working account at the USA store. I'd really like it if I could use both stores.
Nvidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:28 PM   #5
ashwincr
ashwincr began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
I do not think library finder is incorporated into this version, or at least I can't find it. I was under the impression that checking out books from local libraries with a valid id card and transferring to the reader can all be done from within the new library software. Disappointed..
ashwincr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2009, 03:30 PM   #6
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

From the FAQ of the new library

Quote:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]The PRS-500 doesn’t support EPUB; will those consumers be left out when the conversion takes place?
[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]No, an update path will be provided for owners of the PRS-500 upon conversion of the store. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]PRS-500 owners who wish to be notified of the availability of the update may send an email by [/FONT]clicking here. You will be automatically notified when the update solution is available.
Well, still as enigmatic as always!
Old 08-25-2009, 03:31 PM   #7
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Is there any point in registering anywhere except the United States (no matter where you live)? In the past, registering from Canada just got you fewer ebooks. Sony does not even have a store in the other countries listed.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:31 PM   #8
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwincr View Post
I do not think library finder is incorporated into this version, or at least I can't find it. I was under the impression that checking out books from local libraries with a valid id card and transferring to the reader can all be done from within the new library software. Disappointed..
Library Finder is on an outside web address and does not provide direct access
Old 08-25-2009, 03:33 PM   #9
mtravellerh
book creator

My USA acount is still working fine, even after update. Never tried for another account as it seemed pointless to me.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:34 PM   #10
igorsk
Wizard

Dumb dumb dumb. Of course, they check for version 6.0 exactly, so it doesn't work on Win7 (which is 6.1). Simple patch if you don't want to use compatibility settings:
Code:
Comparing files prsctr.dll_old and PRSCTR.DLL
00000497: 05 00
Old 08-25-2009, 03:37 PM   #11
igorsk
Wizard

To switch stores, edit file "Sony\Reader\Data\reader\scripts\regions\defau lt". You might need to cleare the cache in local AppData. Though it seems all stores besides US/CA are external anyway.

Last edited by igorsk; 08-25-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:39 PM   #12
Nvidiot
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
To switch stores, edit file "Sony\Reader\Data\reader\scripts\regions\defau lt".
Or just do it via Edit -> Preferences.

The Dutch store is indeed Bol.com. They currently list a whopping TWO Dutch titles and 11 English titles. I recon they will update that soon.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:42 PM   #13
igorsk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvidiot View Post
Or just do it via Edit -> Preferences.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:52 PM   #14
Nvidiot
Connoisseur

My PRS-700 syncs perfectly with the 3.0 software, even on Windows 7 64-bit. I did have to set it to compatibility mode (I selected XP SP3 as well as run as Admin).
Old 08-25-2009, 03:55 PM   #15
lunged
Enthusiast
lunged doesn't litterlunged doesn't litter

Device: iPad
Is the UI any different? I hated the previous UI, I hope they changed it significantly.
I'll be using the Mac version (finally!), so I'm still waiting.

Last edited by lunged; 08-25-2009 at 03:56 PM. Reason: spelling
lunged is offline   Reply With Quote