Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-20-2012, 06:14 AM   #1
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Is there already a date for the new Galaxy Nexus phone?

I've been tinkering with my friend's Gnex phone, and I was wondering if I will just get a stock-Android phone. I'm in no hurry to get it though, so I think I can wait a bit more. I've been reading reviews on the Gnex and most are quite favorable. I'm also waiting for the unveiling of Note 2.
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:55 AM   #2
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

eep, can't change the title. I meant GOOGLE Nexus
Advert
Old 08-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #3
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
eep, can't change the title. I meant GOOGLE Nexus
Yes it's only the latest phone that's called "Galaxy Nexus". Most other phones are called Nexus XYZ.

As for your original question, there is no dates. I've not heard of any rumors other than their expecting several Nexus devices this fall. So little is known.

Personally the current price of $350 for an unlocked is a great deal and if you where interested in a phone get that one. I don't think any new Nexus phone is going to be that cheap, esp. w/o a contract.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:43 PM   #4
wyndslash
Wizard

Actually right now I can get a gnex for free due to a contest my mom's company is having. But I decided to hold out
Old 08-20-2012, 07:43 PM   #5
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
gnex off contract is a pretty amazing deal. I haven't heard specific rumors about the next nexus phone, but there were reports about Google celebrating a fifth anniversary with 5 nexus Android 5.0 devices available at google play in November. One might still be the galaxy nexus, details aren't exactly clear. But there was an intent to expand the nexus program beyond a single favored partner. So there might be more options then.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2012, 08:02 PM   #6
wyndslash
Wizard

Wow. So I guess there's no need to be in a hurry just yet
Old 08-20-2012, 10:57 PM   #7
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Google has started experimenting with releasing official roms for a sony phones as sony does not muck up the android experience with its own skin like others.
In a few months other phones apart from Google nexus branded one might start getting direct google updates.
http://www.knowyourmobile.com/blog/1...k_android.html
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:41 PM   #8
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Marseilles View Post
gnex off contract is a pretty amazing deal. I haven't heard specific rumors about the next nexus phone, but there were reports about Google celebrating a fifth anniversary with 5 nexus Android 5.0 devices available at google play in November. One might still be the galaxy nexus, details aren't exactly clear. But there was an intent to expand the nexus program beyond a single favored partner. So there might be more options then.
Ugh. Well that's frustrating. I need to get my dad a phone by September so that's pretty much a guaranteed Galaxy Nexus (from Google Play) if no new Nexuses (Nexii?) are released by that time. It would've been nice to see alternatives with Jelly Bean before making the decision. Use both a Nexus 7 with JB and TF700T with ICS and JB is much smoother.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #9
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Well here’s an interesting development for Nexus watchers. Samsung fansite SamMobile has uncovered a list of specifications for a new Samsung phone with the model number GT-i9260. (If you’re not up to speed on your model numbers, the HSPA+ Galaxy Nexus is GT-i9250.) ​The site alleges this will be an upcoming mid-range Nexus, and provides specs leaked from an internal spreadsheet in support of its claims.
Source
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote