Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-15-2011, 04:55 PM   #1
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
$5 Instant Video Credit at Amazon

Amazon is once again giving away a $5 credit for Instant Videos (rental or purchase) and this one is not limited to those with a Kindle with Special Offers or a Roku player or a TV capable of connecting.

Instead, this offer requires a Twitter account and for you to retweet a specific phrase after following a couple of Amazon's Twitter feeds. Don't worry, all you have to do is click a button and allow Amazon to access your Twitter account, so it's very easy. Once you've got the credit, you can go back and revoke access to your Twitter account, if you want. What if you don't have a Twitter account? Just set one up and use it just for the Amazon links (I've received several credits for music and video from Amazon and use a throw-away account for the link).

Click HERE to get started. Limit one credit per customer account, sign-up expires July 19, 2011 and credit expires August 31, 2011 if unused.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:13 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Thanks, I can always use another credit and I have a Twitter account I don't use anyway which is perfect for this.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2011, 09:50 AM   #3
ClairePMR
Groupie
ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Color, Kindle, EB1150, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Surface Pro 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post

Once you've got the credit, you can go back and revoke access to your Twitter account, if you want. What if you don't have a Twitter account? Just set one up and use it just for the Amazon links (I've received several credits for music and video from Amazon and use a throw-away account for the link).
I'm really Twitter illiterate, and would appreciate guidance - do you revoke access by unfollowing Amazon, or is there somewhere on the Amazon site that you have to revoke the permission?

Thanks!

ETA - Never mind! I figured it out. For anyone else who's wondering, go to your "Applications" tab in your Twitter account settings to revoke Amazon access.

Last edited by ClairePMR; 07-16-2011 at 10:19 AM.
ClairePMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:00 AM   #4
pda_junkie
Enthusiast
pda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watch

Device: Pocketbook 360, Kobo Glo
This is a great offer but I don't see a button on the page. I tried refreshing it and changing to a different browser but still no button. Am I missing something?
pda_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:53 AM   #5
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Appears to be missing here in FF, also. I'd try another browser or clearing cache, but it may have expired early.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2011, 01:24 AM   #6
bliss108
bliss108 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-T1, Kindle, iPad 3
Thanks op!

Ahh finally got it. The button was missing both on IE and FF. But it appeared when I used a different computer. I'm not sure what happened, but maybe it's either due to cache or add-ons that are supposed to block ads, but may also have affected Amazon.
Looks like there is still an hour and half to go.
bliss108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:46 AM   #7
joenunya
Banned
joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle4pc
thanks, it has been a while since I caught one of the $5 credit offers. I can finally watch Deathly Hallows part I and maybe make it a double feature by hitting the matinee for Pt. II tomorrow.
joenunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:56 AM   #8
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Amazon is once again giving away a $5 credit for Instant Videos (rental or purchase) and this one is not limited to those with a Kindle with Special Offers or a Roku player or a TV capable of connecting.

Instead, this offer requires a Twitter account and for you to retweet a specific phrase after following a couple of Amazon's Twitter feeds. Don't worry, all you have to do is click a button and allow Amazon to access your Twitter account, so it's very easy. Once you've got the credit, you can go back and revoke access to your Twitter account, if you want. What if you don't have a Twitter account? Just set one up and use it just for the Amazon links (I've received several credits for music and video from Amazon and use a throw-away account for the link).

Click HERE to get started. Limit one credit per customer account, sign-up expires July 19, 2011 and credit expires August 31, 2011 if unused.
I'm curious as to your considerations upon the matter of my self simply considering signing up for this Twitter and going through the various machinations Amazon is requiring in order to obtain said credit as being equally as valid as manipulating the physical space in order to obtain the credit, is it ethical for me to simply think of supplying Amazon with personal relevancy information and then imagine myself as having video streaming capabilities?

Or is it less ethical for Amazon to use this personal relevancy information to obtain a more worthwhile credit against this information from another source?
Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:36 AM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I don't Twitter...
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote