Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-26-2010, 10:29 AM   #1
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

100 Audible Titles $4.95/ea for members only Special

Not sure if all members will get this email so I thought I would pass it along. I just got a great deal on a few titles I had been vacilating on buying:

Link to mail about sale, don't know if it will work or not -

http://audible.m.delivery.net/w/webV...N&sc=&k=14FyRO

But I found decent unabridged titles:

Revelation Space
The Dreaming Void: Void Trilogy, Book 1
The Windup Girl
Chasm City

You Paid: $19.80

I just think it's a good deal. I have my Kindles which both play Audible books but also a couple decent MP3 players which handle Audible format as well.

Kinda sad when audiobooks are CHEAPER than the ebook or printed editions of the same titles. I have been intending to read Windup Girl for months now but just keep having other things get in the way. Now I can listen for a few days. Same goes for the two Alastair Reynolds books Revelation Space and Chasm City.

I know there might not be anything of interest to someone but if there is and you have an old account or have been thinking about it, it's a nice way to get an account plus stock up on extra titles. Usually a credit costs between about $12-$15 each/mo depending on the account level. So, $4.95 each was a no-brainer for me.

Oh, it is not all SF, different category titles are available. Your iPads, iPods and I think iPhones also play Audible books as well.

For me this was my "Black Friday" deal, in fact it was my only thing I am buying today unless I walk down for new coffee beans.

Last edited by snipenekkid; 11-26-2010 at 11:09 AM.
snipenekkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:53 PM   #2
ozron
Groupie
ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, iPad, iPhone
Lots of good stuff here. Took me a while though to figure out you need to click on all 8 categories to see all 100+ books.
ozron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2010, 07:38 PM   #3
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Sadly, it appears it's restricted those those with monthly fee memberships.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:36 PM   #4
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
Koland - I believe the special also applies to those with annual memberships. Yes, you do need to be a member, but you can have either the monthly or annual subscription (which works out to a slightly lower cost per book).

I've been an Audible subscriber for several years now, and am very pleased with my membership. They offer a great selection of titles, and most selections are only one credit no matter what the regular price is. I've purchased several titles recently because they were available at a lower price than the corresponding ebook.

Obviously not everybody enjoys audiobooks, but Audible has a lot to offer if you do enjoy them.

SteveK
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:51 AM   #5
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I do get the occasional audiobook from them. I've been a MEMBER for many, many years.

However, this sale, like most they have now, are for SUBSCRIBERS. Not for MEMBERS, as they claim.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2010, 07:33 PM   #6
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

ahhh....sorry guys, I didn't know one had to have an active membership, annual or monthly, to get the special. I too took "memebership" to mean just that not a subscriber. Still I was lucky that I found books I have been pondering and still have credits saved up.

I don't know if anyone looked but it seems the 2-books/month paid monthly costs less per credit than an annual subscription paid up front. However they used to give those members a couple extra credits every year...as in 14 (or maybe 15) credits for the price of 12...
Old 11-28-2010, 11:48 AM   #7
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Thanks, snipenekkid. I overlooked my Audible e-mail about this sale, so learned about it only because of your post. I bought a bunch of titles, including favorite classics and nonfiction books. Great deal.

I bought an annual subscription a while ago and got $100 off a Kindle, which I gifted. I think Audible runs that sale from time to time, and offers the $100 discount on a bunch of electronics on which you can listen to Audible books, including Kindles, MP3 players and GPS devices.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:53 PM   #8
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
My membership is the Audible Listener Light plan which is $9.95 annually, so picking up some great reads for under $5.00 each is awesome! Sale ends Nov. 30th.
Got:
Garden Spells
Infidel
First to Kill
The Fountainhead
Eye of the Needle
The Mark of the Assassin
Silence
Less than $35
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:32 PM   #9
snipenekkid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAstoria View Post
My membership is the Audible Listener Light plan which is $9.95 annually, so picking up some great reads for under $5.00 each is awesome! Sale ends Nov. 30th.
Got:
Garden Spells
Infidel
First to Kill
The Fountainhead
Eye of the Needle
The Mark of the Assassin
Silence
Less than $35
That is a SUPER work around for the deal, If there are enough books in the $4.95 list then spending the extra $10 on the Audible Listener membership is certainly worth it. Good job!!