Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-27-2012, 11:19 PM   #1
DaleM
DaleM began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Entry point not found error

I downloaded the Sigil-0.5.0-Windows-x64-Setup.exe. Installation seemed to be fine. However when I attempted to start Sigil I received the following message, "Sigil.exe - entry point not found. The procedure entry point ??0QData Stream@@QEAA@PEAQBytes Array@@H@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library QTCore4.dll" I was previously running Sigil 0.4.2 successfully. I attempted uninstalling, redown-loading and reinstalling with the same result. I am using Windows 7 Home Premium with SP1 installed. A Intel Core i7 64 bit processor. 8 GB RAM.

Any ideas? Thank you in advance.
DaleM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:20 AM   #2
TMF
Enthusiast
TMF began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Same issue here, similar system. The non-x64 version runs fine.
TMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #3
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Read and search people, read an search. This question has come up multiple times already. Solution is to uninstall old version completely and then install new version. It is because of the versions of the dll.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:23 PM   #4
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@Toxaris - to be fair,
(1) the discussions I had seen on this topic related to people who had installed the beta versions. The OP hasn't mentioned installing the beta, and nor had I on my machine, and I got this error as well
(2) the OP explicitly said he had uninstalled and reinstalled (a solution which did work for me)
(3) there is not one mention of it in John's release notes in the first post of the Sigil 0.5 thread.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:18 PM   #5
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
(3) there is not one mention of it in John's release notes in the first post of the Sigil 0.5 thread.
No one's reported this issue when installing over a 0.4.x release and my testing, installing over 0.4.2, did not have the dll error so I didn't put it in the announcement.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:08 PM   #6
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@user_none - yeah thats what I thought, that it wasn't a "known/expected issue" - hence why DaleM shouldn't be blamed for asking the question.

My vague recollection (without looking things up) was that there was a problem with one of the betas if you had installed one of the other betas first. Hence I just straight installed 0.5 64-bit on top of my 0.4.2 install. However like the OP it crashed on startup with an error that sounds similar to that he mentions. I uninstalled and installed it again, and in my case it then worked.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #7
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Currently OS X is the only OS that gets substantial testings. Windows and Linux at this point is really, does it build. Windows also gets a test of does it run. Come to think of it I've never tested the Linux packages for installing or running.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:07 PM   #8
DaleM
DaleM began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
@Kiwidude and user_none. Thanks for support. After reading your responses went back and uninstalled Sigil, rebooted the computer and then attempted to reinstall Sigil 0.5.0. This time it worked. The previous times that I tried uninstalling and then installing I did not boot in between. Thanks again. Appreciated!
DaleM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #9
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@user_none - sorry for not offically reporting it (got distracted by the initial using of it). However as several other people have now confirmed it I won't think it was an isolated issue on my machine (which is Win 7 64-bit btw, and as others said above downloaded the 0.5 64-bit installer, installing on top of 0.4.2 64-bit without having any of the betas installed).

Tags
entry point error, sigil