Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 01-01-2011, 04:35 PM   #61
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyash View Post
So for example, I might have 1000 articles in g-reader, going back 3 years. If I star all those articles, and attempt to retrieve them using the g-reader custom recipe, only the first 200 are getting fetched. So the limit looks like it is in the recipe, not g-reader itself.
So you are starring all these, so your right the 10 article limit goes away. I'm guessing the 200 is a Google reader (web app) feed limit. Even though you can go back a 1000 manually, the API for grabbing starred items must be limited.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:29 AM   #62
flyash
Groupie
flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I'm guessing the 200 is a Google reader (web app) feed limit. Even though you can go back a 1000 manually, the API for grabbing starred items must be limited.
Thanks. I assume you are correct, so there's nothing that can be done via the Google Reader recipe.

I ended up breaking up the blog download into smaller books that were <200 articles each. Not as elegant as what I was hoping for, but good enough.
flyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:05 AM   #63
tommy123
tommy123 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tommy123 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tommy123 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tommy123 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
The "Fetch News" Google Reader recipe is fantastic! I love it.
I would have one feature request:
Would it be possible to mark all the fetched news as read (after fetching them), so if you have a daily download, you don't get the news from a day ago, too?

Greetings
Thomas
tommy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:19 AM   #64
rollercoaster
Zealot
rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2
@tommy123 It is a freq asked feature but there is no simple solution.

The recipe mechanism doesn't allow that to be done in a reliable manner because that would mean waiting till the book was generated (to be sure) and then marking the articles as read (or else..). Recipes just work till the items are fetched and then forwarded to the book compiler. They don't receive a confirmation of successful book generation.

Perhaps the new plugins feature of calibre would be a better place to do that. Something to think about..
rollercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:24 AM   #65
rollercoaster
Zealot
rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Thanks. I assume you are correct, so there's nothing that can be done via the Google Reader recipe.

I ended up breaking up the blog download into smaller books that were <200 articles each. Not as elegant as what I was hoping for, but good enough.
Make sure that the oldest_article value is set to a date old enough to cover those items.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:18 AM   #66
tommy123
tommy123 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tommy123 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tommy123 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tommy123 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollercoaster View Post
They don't receive a confirmation of successful book generation.
I don't think that it must be super save like in a "2 phase commit" in databases.

It would be enough for me, if it just would mark everything as read.

If it is not sending out the ebook because of some other errors, I can still mark everything as unread.

Thomas
tommy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:02 PM   #67
flyash
Groupie
flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Make sure that the oldest_article value is set to a date old enough to cover those items.
I did. That wasn't the problem. The API used by the recipe seems to pull in only 200 articles, even if you star more than 200, and set the date correctly and set the article limit above 200.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:37 AM   #68
rollercoaster
Zealot

Quote:
I did. That wasn't the problem. The API used by the recipe seems to pull in only 200 articles, even if you star more than 200, and set the date correctly and set the article limit above 200.
I would guess that Google Reader API supports max 200 articles per request. Further articles would need paged request which is not supported by the recipe.

To add this function, it would first need to get the count of articles(for each feed) and loop the fetching code while sending an incremented page number with each request.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:44 AM   #69
flyash
Groupie

Quote:
I would guess that Google Reader API supports max 200 articles per request. Further articles would need paged request which is not supported by the recipe.

To add this function, it would first need to get the count of articles(for each feed) and loop the fetching code while sending an incremented page number with each request.
The count would be easy to input - if the user scrolls down in Google Reader, it will retrieve all the articles and provide a count.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:25 AM   #70
flyash
Groupie

Quote:
If the user provided the article count, would the rest of the code modification be easy or difficult?
Old 02-18-2011, 03:24 AM   #71
rollercoaster
Zealot

The user cant enter the count as the max is 200

so if there were 700 then the right way would be to get 200 at a time. It will use Page index and page size parameters.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:09 PM   #72
flyash
Groupie

Quote:
The user cant enter the count as the max is 200

so if there were 700 then the right way would be to get 200 at a time. It will use Page index and page size parameters.
Is this difficult to do?
Old 02-22-2011, 12:53 AM   #73
rollercoaster
Zealot

Yes actually it would be a big change. I dont really know python so I cant do much in that regard but if more people want this then I am sure one of the recipe gurus will help out.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:01 AM   #74
flyash
Groupie

Quote:
Yes actually it would be a big change. I dont really know python so I cant do much in that regard but if more people want this then I am sure one of the recipe gurus will help out.
OK, thanks.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:30 AM   #75
der_joh
der_joh began at the beginning.

I found this in the bugtracking System, does the recipe work currently?
http://oldbugs.calibre-ebook.com/ticket/7581

Marking downloaded Feeds as read would be more than nice ;-)
der_joh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
google reader, google reader uber, hack, recpie