Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-19-2013, 04:03 PM   #196
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
Edit: it also only downloaded 5 of my books rather than all of my library, nice touch so I didn't have to wait quite as long to start playing with this new toy. Download links beside all of the books in library that have not yet been downloaded.
That is nice to hear!

I'm anxiously awaiting shipping notice. This'll be my first Kobo device.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #197
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by selina4books View Post
I just got an email from Kobo saying my Aura has shipped! Delivery (to the US) says 4 to 10 business days. I'm hoping for 4 since we'll be out of town the fifth day on for six days. I'm really looking forward to playing with this device! I never dreamed they'd ship it before the 25th.
When did you order? I pulled the trigger yesterday, no shipping notice as yet, but they did charge my card. Also in the USA here. I ordered ivory plus the onyx sleepcover, since I have really liked my white Sony T1 in black cover combo.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #198
david8866
Zealot
david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I just on-line chated with KOBO CS. It was strange, CR can't access my order number. The Aura HD was not listed in my purchase history. I am not in a hurry to get it because it was listed as pre-order, however it shaked my confidence a bit in KOBO. After last big firmware trouble, I stay away, as far as I know the firmware is not a problem any more; this small order trouble is not bad, but I do wish KOBO can do better than this.
david8866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #199
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
Disappointed

I just dropped by the local Chapters store to see the new Aura, all ready to plunk down $170 and upgrade from my KT. They had it out on display, along with a couple of Kobo reps to help explain it. The screen looks good. The extra 0.8" makes a significant difference. Great! Only... I was disappointed as soon as I picked it up. The hard slick plastic surface (front and back) is terrible. I don't know what Kobo was thinking. It's by far the worst of any of the e-readers, from Kobo or anyone else. To go from the nice quilted back and soft-coated grippy surface of my black KT to this cheap-feeling hard plastic would be unthinkable. The rep suggested that everyone would probably use it with a cover, so it wouldn't matter. But I don't use a cover. Sadly, the Aura is not for me. I guess I'll wait for the Glo to go on sale.

Last edited by FJames; 04-19-2013 at 04:44 PM.
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:05 PM   #200
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJames View Post
I just dropped by the local Chapters store to see the new Aura, all ready to plunk down $170 and upgrade from my KT. They had it out on display, along with a couple of Kobo reps to help explain it. The screen looks good. The extra 0.8" makes a significant difference. Great! Only... I was disappointed as soon as I picked it up. The hard slick plastic surface (front and back) is terrible. I don't know what Kobo was thinking. It's by far the worst of any of the e-readers, from Kobo or anyone else. To go from the nice quilted back and soft-coated grippy surface of my black KT to this cheap-feeling hard plastic would be unthinkable. The rep suggested that everyone would probably use it with a cover, so it wouldn't matter. But I don't use a cover. Sadly, the Aura is not for me. I guess I'll wait for the Glo to go on sale.
If Kobo's thinking is that everyone will use the Aura with a cover then why did they make the concave back?
moffattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2013, 05:35 PM   #201
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
I'm impressed by this launch, from announcement to shipping in under a week never mind that some lucky people already have theirs
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #202
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Espresso ordered!
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:59 PM   #203
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by moffattm View Post
If Kobo's thinking is that everyone will use the Aura with a cover then why did they make the concave back?
Sameer has said that the Kobo covers are fitted to the concave back--the device with cover is till concave. If I decide I want a cover, I will buy one locally.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:20 PM   #204
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostly Math View Post
WOW!!! Less than 24 hours from when I ordered it and I have an Onyx Aura HD in my hand!!!!!!!!

I must say the cord is fancy... Just going through my set up now.

First thoughts:
- It is very smooth, I think I like the rubberized backing of the glo better.
- It fits (barely) into a roots sleeve for the original KOBO.
- Out of the box, set up and now ready to read took about 10 minutes.
- Home screen looks very nice.

Reading time !
How did you get it so quickly? I thought it takes 5-7 days to ship.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:20 PM   #205
bookwurm70
Addict
bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: eSlick, Pocketbook IQ, iPad, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by david8866 View Post
I just on-line chated with KOBO CS. It was strange, CR can't access my order number. The Aura HD was not listed in my purchase history. I am not in a hurry to get it because it was listed as pre-order, however it shaked my confidence a bit in KOBO. After last big firmware trouble, I stay away, as far as I know the firmware is not a problem any more; this small order trouble is not bad, but I do wish KOBO can do better than this.
I noticed that too, my Aura purchase isn't listed in my account. I did get two emails with my order and my card has been charged. Haven't gotten shipment notification yet. I ordered yesterday afternoon and I live in the U.S. Hoping to get my shipped email soon, since many people have.
bookwurm70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:24 PM   #206
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Wait I just checked my tracking info and it said it had already had been successfully delivered! So that was just a little over 24 hours from pre-ordering to delivery. Now I've just got to wait as it comes from my folks' place to Japan.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:25 PM   #207
Mostly Math
Groupie
Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (loaned out), KoboTouch (given away), KoboVox, KoboGlo, AuraHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
How did you get it so quickly? I thought it takes 5-7 days to ship.
I don't know!!! But boy am I happy!
Mostly Math is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:04 PM   #208
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Sameer has said that the Kobo covers are fitted to the concave back--the device with cover is till concave. If I decide I want a cover, I will buy one locally.
Ah, that would indeed make more sense!
moffattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:07 PM   #209
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
When did you order? I pulled the trigger yesterday, no shipping notice as yet, but they did charge my card. Also in the USA here. I ordered ivory plus the onyx sleepcover, since I have really liked my white Sony T1 in black cover combo.
I ordered a little after midnight the 16th. I got the ivory one. Wish I'd ordered the cover too but it will fit in my Oberon sleeve from my first nook so I'll just use that until I can get a cover.
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #210
david8866
Zealot
david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
I didn't know they have Kobo Aura HD - SleepCover - Onyx. Thank you. I'm ordering one.
david8866 is offline   Reply With Quote