Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-26-2010, 10:21 AM   #1
mdibella
Groupie
mdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheese

Device: Infinite Kindles, Occasional Sony's
Kindle notes?

Does Calibre have any access to the 'notes' on a Kindle?

I am continually frustrated by books in a series, since I can't tell which order to read them in. Calibre has this information...is there any possibility of getting the series and sequence information moved to the Kindle as a note for any book I move?

Thanks for any assistance you might give! MJ
mdibella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:29 AM   #2
mdibella
Groupie
mdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheese

In fact, now that I think of it...if Calibre can add a 'note' as it moves a book, wouldn't it be great if it also added the 'blurb' information? That way I could look at the notes on a book, see the series info, and also see what the book is about.
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 04:10 PM   #3
mdibella
Groupie

Kovid, if you are there...perhaps if 'notes' can't be used for it, we could get an option (check box in the config area?) to append the series info to the title as it is moved?

I can't seem to open a ticket, I forgot my password and the EMail resetting it seems to drop into the ethervoid because it never arrives...
Old 08-26-2010, 04:36 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
click the arrow next to the send to device button and click fetch annotations (with the kindle connected)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:11 PM   #5
mdibella
Groupie

OK I am sorry, I must be really dense, but 'fetch annotations' gets the notes from the Kindle and then adds them to Calibre, correct?

What I am hoping for is to be able to do it in reverse, I.E. take the info that Calibre has (specifically the series info) and move it to the Kindle. My original suggestion was that the series info and Summary be sent to Kindle as a 'note' , but if that isn't feasible, perhaps the series info could be appended to the title as the book is moved from Calibre to Kindle, so I'd end up with (for example) 'Third Degree (Women's Murder Club 3)' as the title shown on the Kindle.

If I am missing something here please tell me. It certainly wouldn't be the first time, heh

Last edited by mdibella; 08-26-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 06:37 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
use the insert metadata as book jacket in the conversion settings and reconvert your books.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:53 PM   #7
mdibella
Groupie

I found 'insert metadata as page at start of book' which is what I assume you mean.

And I love it!!!!! This is perfect!

Thanks so very much!!
Old 08-27-2010, 01:01 AM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdibella View Post
I found 'insert metadata as page at start of book' which is what I assume you mean.
I use this feature on every book, your other alternative is to create a catalog of all your books via the drop down arrow to the right of convert books icon.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote