Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 01-29-2009, 07:14 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Pdb, epub, lit or pdf?

I want to download some books to my kindle. The downloads come in pdb, epub, lit or pdf format. I think I can use kindlefix and calibre on the lit and pdf. I'm not sure what to use on the others, and which format would be the easiest to convert to mobi. Opinions?

Debra
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:21 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
The Lit should be easy to convert. You can use Calibre to do it, although Mobi conversion is still in beta or you can use ConvertLit to explode the Lit then open the OPF file in Mobi Creator. Either way should take no time at all.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2009, 07:25 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I want to download some books to my kindle. The downloads come in pdb, epub, lit or pdf format. I think I can use kindlefix and calibre on the lit and pdf. I'm not sure what to use on the others, and which format would be the easiest to convert to mobi. Opinions?

Debra
Either LIT or ePUB. If you use Windows Mobipocket Reader the latest version will let you just drop an ePUB in the window. Calibre can also translate ePUB to Mobi. There is a program you can download called convertlit that can convert LIT files and Calibre can also do it although this is still only beta.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:28 PM   #4
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, guys! By the way, these are the harlequin romance freebies - didn't tell you, cause maybe you wouldn't have helped!
Old 01-29-2009, 07:48 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I'm guessing those books will be free in the Kindle store too. Not sure but it usually happens.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2009, 08:28 PM   #6
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
By the way, these are the harlequin romance freebies
Note that "free" does not always imply "DRM-free". If the ePub is a Secure Adobe ePub, then ePub won't work and your best bet is LIT.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:31 PM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
The Harlequin freebies aren't DRM'd. They're supposed to be available free for both the Sony & the Kindle soon too.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:26 AM   #8
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

I downloaded the PDF and converted with Mobi Creator Prof. They look great. I am going to try to convert some other versions, to compare. Thanks, Debra
Old 01-30-2009, 03:35 AM   #9
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I suspect that Harlequin's Mobipocket versions will be back up sometime soon. They got pulled because they had accidentally been created with DRM turned on.

Quote:
I downloaded the PDF and converted with Mobi Creator Prof. They look great. I am going to try to convert some other versions, to compare. Thanks, Debra
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:59 AM   #10
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Oh, but I couldn't wait!
Old 02-09-2009, 09:18 PM   #11
ebookguru
ebookguru began at the beginning.

Device: BlackBerry
I find converting the PDF's is the easiest way to go. Mobi Creator will allow you to convert almost any PDF to prc format. It should also be noted that if the PRC files don't have DRM then they can be read on your Kindle without any conversion.

Cheers,
ebookguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:25 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The best conversion to Mobipocket format will be from the MS Reader versions.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote