Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-23-2011, 10:51 AM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
DisplayMate: Tablet Shootout

http://www.displaymate.com/Tablet_ShootOut_1.htm

Quote:
The data and discussions in this review article are drawn from the individual articles for each Tablet in our Display Technology Shoot-Out series starting with the iPad 2, the Motorola Xoom and Asus Transformer. We will be regularly adding the best new Tablet contenders – next up will be the Acer Iconia and Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.
Spoiler alert:
Quote:
For the current set of Tablets the iPad is the clear winner in every category, which is somewhat surprising considering it was the first Tablet to launch and the one that later competitors knew they had to beat – but as of yet none have succeeded.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:16 PM   #2
Ziguezon
Ogg Vorbis
Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Recommendations:

Quote:
Here are a few generic recommendations for the next generation(s) of Tablets: There are quite a few things that manufacturers (including Apple) can do to improve their Tablet displays to stay competitive in this extremely competitive category.

First Recommendation: Reduce the Screen Reflectance using an anti-reflection screen coating together with a surface haze layer to cut down on mirror reflections.
Yes, PLEASE! Matte's where it's at, baby!
Ziguezon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #3
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziguezon View Post
Recommendations:
Yes, PLEASE! Matte's where it's at, baby!
You should like this new Mitsubishi desktop monitor then:
http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/21/m...-your-matte-i/
Quote:
Perhaps best of all, unlike most recent 1080p monitors we've seen, the latest Diamondcrysta skips the glossy sheen for a matte coating.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:09 PM   #4
Ziguezon
Ogg Vorbis
Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
You should like this new Mitsubishi desktop monitor then:
http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/21/m...-your-matte-i/
Very nice! Those glossy mirror-like monitors give me eyestrain. I'm really hoping that there will be a least a few decent tablets with matte displays available in the near future.

When my work colleague brought his Ipad to the office to show me how great it was, all I could see were the reflections of the fluorescent lights above our heads
Old 06-23-2011, 04:12 PM   #5
kjk

PC World did an independent test of tablet displays, came a similar conclusion as Displaymate about the iPad:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/23089...id_hordes.html

Quote:
The Apple iPad 2 was clearly and consistently the leader of the pack; it stumbled only on a photo with a variety of skin tones and colors, failing to strike the right balance. In another shot, the iPad 2 had the best color balance and accuracy, and it showed the best distribution of colors on our grayscale and color-bar images.
Advert
Old 06-23-2011, 11:54 PM   #6
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Having seen all 3 in person, I'd take the Asus over the other two.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:17 PM   #7
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziguezon View Post
Very nice! Those glossy mirror-like monitors give me eyestrain. I'm really hoping that there will be a least a few decent tablets with matte displays available in the near future.

When my work colleague brought his Ipad to the office to show me how great it was, all I could see were the reflections of the fluorescent lights above our heads
Tilt it a bit.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:07 AM   #8
Ziguezon
Ogg Vorbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
Tilt it a bit.

Lee
I tried, but the ceiling just wouldn't budge.